|IATA: none – ICAO: KMAL – FAA LID: MAL|
|Owner||Town of Malone|
|Serves||Malone, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||790 ft / 241 m|
Malone-Dufort Airport (ICAO: KMAL, FAA LID: MAL) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) west of the central business district of Malone, a village in the Town of Malone, Franklin County, New York, United States. The airport is owned by the Town of Malone. It is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this facility is assigned MAL by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA (which assigned MAL to Mangole, Indonesia).
Facilities and aircraft
Malone-Dufort Airport covers an area of 135 acres (55 ha) at an elevation of 790 feet (241 m) above mean sea level. It has two asphalt paved runways: 5/23 is 4,000 by 100 feet (1,219 x 30 m) and 14/32 is 3,245 by 75 feet (989 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 7, 2007, the airport had 8,700 aircraft operations, an average of 23 per day: 92% general aviation, 6% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 14 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine and 14% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for MAL ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective July 29, 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Malone-Dufort Airport (FAA: MAL, ICAO: KMAL)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved October 14, 2010.
- "Mangole Airport, Indonesia (IATA: MAL, ICAO: WAPE)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved October 14, 2010.
- Malone-Dufort (MAL) airport diagram from New York State DOT
- Aerial image as of May 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for MAL, effective September 15, 2016
- Resources for this airport: