|Town and District Capital|
|• Ethnicity||Ashanti people|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC0+)|
|• Summer (DST)||GMT (UTC)|
Mampong is a small town in the Mampong Municipal of Ashanti and serves as the administrative capital of Mampong Municipal. Mampong has a population of 42,037 people. Mampong is also the centre of the new Anglican Diocese of Asante Mampong, inaugurated in 2014.
- J. H. Kwabena Nketia (b. 1921), ethnomusicologist and composer
- Ebenezer Augustus Kwasi Akuoko (b.1928), Lawyer
- Akwasi Afrifa (1936–1979), soldier and politician
- Gerald Asamoah (b. 1978), footballer, currently playing for SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- Amoakohene Frank (1990 to date), Veteran Student Politician,and Former President of NAHSAG
- Oteng Amponsah Enock (1988 to date), Politician and Mineral Processing Engineer
- Akwasi Ampofo Agyei(Late)-Founder & Leader of Kumapim Royals Band.A renown high life musician.
- I G P Kwakyi- former Inspector General of police.
- Asikafor Amantem
- Old Daamang
- New Daamang-Site