Manga Hero is an American publisher based in San Rafael, California that publishes graphic novels influence by Japanese manga. The company’s stories typically involve heroic characters that usually come from a Jewish or Christian background. Manga Hero’s current publications include Paul: Tarsus to Redemption, written by Matthew Salisbury and Gabrielle Gniewek, as well as Judith: Captive to Conqueror and Many Are Called both written by Gabrielle Gniewek. The writers are from John Paul the Great Catholic University in San Diego. Sean Lam illustrated both series and lives in Singapore. Sean also illustrated a single volume comic titled It Takes a Wizard published by Seven Seas Entertainment in 2009. The organizers of World Youth Day 2011 recently announced that Manga Hero will launch a special comic titled Habemus Papam! where 300,000 copies will be distributed during the event in Madrid. This comic chronicles the life of Pope Benedict XVI and will be published in English and Spanish. Manga Hero hired Regina Doman in 2012 to write a more detailed graphic novel biography of Pope Benedict XVI, also illustrated by Sean Lam, based on the World Youth Day 2011 book and also titled Habemus Papam! In 2014, the publisher developed a full color graphic novel about Pope Francis written by Regina Doman and illustrated by Sean Lam.  Manga Hero is also developing graphic novels on Pope John Paul II and Maximilian Kolbe.
- "Catholic manga company's new comic tells story of Pope Benedict :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)". Catholic News Agency. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Paul: Tarsus to Redemption :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)". Catholic News Agency. July 9, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Judith: Captive to Conqueror :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)". Catholic News Agency. August 6, 2010. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110423185450/http://www.madrid11.com/en/news/1-n/666-el-papa-heroe-manga. Archived from the original on April 23, 2011. Retrieved May 13, 2011. Missing or empty
- Assistant Editor Kathryn Oates. "The Magazine for Catholic Living | Holy Manga!". Catholic Digest. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Pope to get manga biography for Spain visit". Straits Times. Singapore. March 31, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Cartoonist Makes Pope a "Manga Hero" for WYD". ZENIT. March 29, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 16, 2011. Retrieved May 13, 2011.
- "Pope to get his own manga | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment". Robot6.comicbookresources.com. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Catholic Manga Company's New Comic Tells Story Of Pope Benedict". EWTN.com. April 1, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- "Papal Manga!!!". The Benedict Blog. Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "Pope Francis superhero in 'I Believe in Mercy' manga-style comic book". CatholicPhilly.com. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- "Pope Francis… also a manga 'superhero'?". Rome Reports TV News Agency. Retrieved October 1, 2014.
- "Catholic San Francisco". Catholic-SF.org. June 10, 2011. Retrieved November 12, 2011.