|Manmohan Mahapatra |
|Occupation||director, writer, producer|
|Awards||8 National Film Awards|
Manmohan Mahapatra (ମନମୋହନ ମହାପାତ୍ର, born 1951) is an Odia filmmaker, director, producer, and writer. He has won eight consecutive national film awards for his films Nishita Swapna, Majhi Pahacha, Tired Afternoon, Neeraba Jhada, Seeta Raati, Bhinna Samaya, and more.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2012)
He studied film making at the FTII, Pune, and made a first short film Anti-Memoirs (Anti-Memories) in 1975. He made his first full-fledged Odia film Seeta Raati as a director in 1976. It won him the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Odia and was screened at international film festival in 1982 — making it the first Odia film to be screened at foreign film festival.
He made couple of short films and then directed Neerab Jhada that won him another National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Odia out of eight consecutive national awards for best feature film in Odia.
- Anti-Memoirs and Anti-Memories (documentary)
- Seeta Raati
- Voices of Silence (documentary)
- Konrak: The Sun Temple (documentary)
- Neeraba Jhada (feature film)
- Klanta Aparahna (feature film)
- Trisandhya(feature film)
- Majhi Pahacha (feature film)
- Nisiddha Swapna (feature film)
- Kichi Smruti Kichu Anubhuti (feature film)
- Andha Diganta (feature film)
- Vinya Samaya (feature film)
- Agni Veena (feature film)
- Muhurta (feature film)
- Seeta Raati – Bibhuti Pattnaik
- Neerab Jhada – screenplay
- Klanta Aparahna (Odia) and Tired Afternoon – story
- Majhi Pahacaha
- Forbidden Dream
- Bhinna Samaya
- Muhurta – dialogue – screenplay – story – Barendra Dhal
- National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Odia
- 29th National Film Awards
- 31st National Film Awards
- 32nd National Film Awards
- 34th National Film Awards
- 35th National Film Awards
- 36th National Film Awards
- 37th National Film Awards
- 40th National Film Awards
- "Orissa: Manmohan Mahapatra the Father of Odia New wave Cinema". orissadiary.com. 17 September 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
Mahapatra has the distinct and unique achievement in the Odia Cinema history of winning as many as eight consecutive national film awards.
- "Film Journalism in Odisha". orissadiary.com. 12 September 2011. Retrieved 14 April 2012.
Manmohan Mohapatra made his first film Sitarati in 1976 – It was in 1982 that Manmohan Mohapatra's Sita Rati was screened at an international film festival. It was the first Odia film to get such an honour.
- "A search for identity in 'Bits and Pieces'". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
Doyen of Odia humanist cinema Mahapatra has made the film in his signature style
- "Orissa: Manmohan Mahapatra to direct Rahul Bose, Nandita Das, Dia Mirza in film 'Bits and Pieces'". orissadiary.com. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Manmohan Mahapatra – Filmography". imdb.com. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Manmohan Mahapatra". odiacinemaworld.blogspot.in. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- My next film explores generation clash: Manmohan Mahaptra
- Klanta Aparanha – Story, Screenplay & Direction: Manmohan Mahapatra – National Film Awards – Best Regional Film – Odia (Silver Lotus)
- Orissa: Manmohan Mahapatra the Father of Oriya New wave Cinema
- MANMOHAN POHAPATRA – Director`s Profile
- Bits 'N' Pieces: Mahapatra's introspective film