|• Body||Khordha Municipality|
|Elevation||75 m (246 ft)|
|• Total||120,204 |
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Khordha is a city and a municipality area in Khordha district in the Indian state of Odisha. Bhubaneswar, capital of Odisha, belongs to Khordha district and is only 25 km from Khordha town. Odisha State Highway 1 and National Highway 16 runs via this town.
Khordha is located at  It has an average elevation of 75 m (246 ft). Area of the district is 2888 square kilometers (1115 square miles). From climatological point of view, the average annual precipitation over the district is about 1200–1400 mm. Moderate temperature prevails over the area throughout the year barring the summer season (March–June), where the maximum temperature even exceeds 45 °C. The average minimum temperature over the district is 9.6 °C..
- Godabarish Mishra - freedom fighter, writer, teacher
- Lokanath Misra - former Governor of Assam (1991–1997)
- Pragyan Ojha - cricketer
- J. B. Patnaik- former Governor of Assam, Former CM of Odisha
- Manasi Pradhan- recipient of 2013 Rani Lakshmibai Stree Shakti Puraskar
Khordha is part of Bhubaneswar (Lok Sabha constituency). Current MLA from Khordha assembly constituency is Rajendra Kumar Sahoo (BJD Candidate), who had won this seat in 2009 state elections as an independent candidate.
Previous MLAs from this seat were:
- Jyotindra Nath Mitra who won it for BJD in 2000 & 2004, and also as a candidate of INC(I) in 1980
- Janaki Ballabh Pattanaik of INC in 1985
- Sudarshan Mohanty of JNP in 1977.
- "Census of India: Search Details".
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Khordha[permanent dead link]
- Swain, S; et al. (2018). Development of an ARIMA Model for Monthly Rainfall Forecasting over Khordha District, Odisha, India. Recent Findings in Intelligent Computing Techniques (Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. 708. pp. 325–331). doi:10.1007/978-981-10-8636-6_34. ISBN 978-981-10-8635-9.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Odisha" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Retrieved 13 September 2008.[permanent dead link]
- http://www.elections.in/orissa/assembly-constituencies/Khordha.html[permanent dead link]
- "State Elections 2004 - Partywise Comparison for 59-Khordha Constituency of Odisha". Election Commission of India. Retrieved 13 September 2008.[permanent dead link]