Lolo (footballer, born 1984)
Lolo being presented at Osasuna
|Full name||Manuel Jesús Ortiz Toribio|
|Date of birth||22 August 1984|
|Place of birth||Huelva, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back / Defensive midfielder|
|2008–2009||→ Málaga (loan)||26||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 April 2017.
Manuel Jesús Ortiz Toribio (born 22 August 1984), known as Lolo, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Hércules CF. A versatile defensive unit, he can appear as both central defender or defensive midfielder.
Born in Huelva, Lolo was a product of Sevilla FC's youth system. In the 2002–03 season he started playing as a senior with the B-side in the third division, scoring a decisive goal against Burgos CF which led to a promotion to the second level in 2007.
Lolo made his La Liga debuts the following campaign, appearing in two matches during March 2008, the first being on the 1st in a 1–2 away loss against Deportivo de La Coruña. Earlier, in December, he had made his first appearance in the UEFA Champions League, playing the entire match in a 3–0 group stage success at Slavia Prague; however, he spent the majority of the season with the reserves, being a defensive stalwart for the Andalusians whom retained their league status.
Lolo was loaned to neighbours Málaga CF for 2008–09, spending most of the season as defensive midfielder and scoring home deciders against Real Valladolid (2–1) and Sporting de Gijón (1–0). In October 2009, already established in Sevilla's first team, he signed a new contract until June 2011; on 10 April 2010, he scored his first goal as a Sevillista, in the 84th minute of a 2–1 win at former club Málaga.
After being deemed surplus to requirements at Sevilla, Lolo signed a four-year contract with fellow first division side CA Osasuna, in late August 2010. During his debut campaign, in which the Navarrese narrowly avoided relegation, he was used mainly as a central defender while also starting regularly, and also contributed with goals against Hércules CF (3–0, at home) and RCD Espanyol (4–0, also at home).
- Sevilla B
- El ascenso del Sevilla Atlético frena la llegada del central Lolo (Sevilla Atlético promotion halts arrival of stopper Lolo); El Comercio, 26 June 2007 (in Spanish)
- Sevilla see off Slavia to finish top; UEFA.com, 12 December 2007
- Lolo llega al Málaga (Lolo arrives at Málaga); Merca Fútbol, 17 July 2008 (in Spanish)
- Málaga 2–1 Valladolid; ESPN Soccernet, 28 September 2008
- Málaga 1–0 Sporting Gijon; ESPN Soccernet, 4 January 2009
- "Lolo signs new Sevilla deal". Ontheminute. 29 October 2009. Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- Sevilla claim derby honours; ESPN Soccernet, 10 April 2010
- Camacho confirma el fichaje de Lolo y destaca su polivalencia (Camacho confirms Lolo signing and highlights his versatility); Marca, 22 August 2010 (in Spanish)
- Comfortable win for Osasuna; ESPN Soccernet, 7 November 2010
- Nekounam at the double; ESPN Soccernet, 20 February 2011