Manyata at her birthday bash in 2017
22 July 1979
First Marriage- Mirajul RehmanSanjay Dutt (2008–present)
Manyata Dutt (born Dilnawaz Shaikh) is an Indian entrepreneur and the current C.E.O. of Sanjay Dutt Productions. She is the wife of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt. She is best known for her item number in Prakash Jha's 2003-hit Gangaajal. She also acted in Mere Baap Pehle Aap (translation: My father, You first), a 2008 Indian Hindi-language comedy-drama film directed by Priyadarshan.
Manyata Dutt was born in a Muslim family on 22 July 1979 as Dilnawaz Shaikh in Mumbai. She was raised in Dubai. She was known as Sara Khan in the film industry. After her launch in Kamaal Rashid Khan's Deshdrohi, she was given the screen name "Maanayata", by Jha, but her aspirations to become a star ended when her father died, leaving the responsibility of the family business on her.
Manyata got married to Sanjay Dutt on February 7, 2008 in a private wedding in Goa. After two years she became the mother of twins, a boy named Shahraan and a girl named Iqra on 21 October 2010.
Prior to her first marriage and before she met Dutt, Manyata worked in Hindi films, such as Lovers Like Us, opposite small-time actor, Nimit Vaishnav. The rights of the film were later purchased by Sanjay Dutt for Rs. 20 lakh. She had hoped that an item number in Gangaajal would give her career a boost, but then Manyata met Sanjay Dutt and decided to leave her dream of acting.
In popular culture
In the biographical film Sanju, directed by Rajkumar Hirani, which has been released on 29th June 2018, based on the life of Sanjay Dutt, she has been portrayed by the actress Dia Mirza, while Ranbir Kapoor has portrayed the title role.
- Singh, Harneet (29 January 2009). "From performing item numbers to becoming Mrs. Dutt: Manyata". The Indian Express. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "Sanjay Dutt told me never give up, says wife Manyata". PTI. The Times of India. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Lalwani, Vickey (5 December 2010). "From Manyata to Mrs Dutt!". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "Sanjay Dutt and Manyata's marriage is valid, rules court". Zee News. 28 May 2008. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Rao, Girish. "Sanjay Dutt weds>Manyata". Rediff. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "Manyata Dutt delivers twins". The Times of India. 21 October 2010. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- "Sanjay Dutt's twins watch 'Policegiri' with their mom Manyata". News 18. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Shah, Kunal M. (29 February 2008). "Bride and prejudice". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 30 May 2016.