April 2011 – April 2016
|Kerry County Councillor|
June 2009 – April 2011
26 August 1958 |
County Kerry, Ireland
|Political party||Labour Party|
From Coolick, Kilcummin, near Killarney, Moloney was educated at the local national school and at Killarney Technical College. From 1992 to 2007 she was constituency secretary of Breeda Moynihan-Cronin, who was then a Labour Party TD for the Kerry South constituency. She was elected to Kerry County Council at the 2009 local elections for the Killarney local electoral area, and was elected deputy mayor of County Kerry in June 2010. She unsuccessfully contested the Kerry South constituency at the 2011 general election. In April 2011 she was elected to Seanad Éireann on the Labour Panel.
She was an official with the trade union SIPTU. She is the Labour Party Seanad spokesperson on Social Protection. During the debate on the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013 in July 2013, she made an emotional appeal to senators to desist from using emotive language during the debate.
- "Ms. Marie Moloney". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 18 November 2011.
- "Marie Moloney – Biography". Labour Party. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Marie Moloney". Labour Party. Archived from the original on 8 April 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Marie Moloney". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Senator appeals for end to graphic abortion descriptions". The Irish Times. 19 July 2013.
|This article about an Irish Labour Party politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of Seanad Éireann is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|