After its establishment the agency opened a presence in New York in 1997. The company belongs to Mrs Marie Halley, billionaire and heiress of the Carrefour supermarkets group and now founder of MH Luxe Ltd whose head office is located in London. Additionally to Marilyn, MH Luxe Ltd also regroups two brands of ready-to-wear that are Peter Pilotto and Esteban Cortazar. Marilyn agency is divided in two departments: MGM (men department) and Marilyn Paris/NY (women & celebrities department).
In April 2016, the company relocated its Parisian office to 11, rue Portefoin.
At the last financial statement known in 2015, the staff of the company was constituted of 30 employees in France. On this same year, the French office had a turnover decreasing by 34,44 % compared to 2014, with a turnover of 9.3 million EUR. It booked a net loss of 1.9 million EUR in 2014, and 525,000 EUR in 2015.
In September, 2016, Marilyn agency has been sanctioned by the French competition authority, among 36 other model agencies, for "illegal agreement on rates". Marilyn is the most heavily sanctioned with a record fine of 600 000 EUR; amounts having been increased between agencies "in regards to the gravity of their practices and the damage caused to the economy", notes the authority.
- Agency, Marilyn. "Marilyn Agency". www.marilynagency.com. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Top French Modeling Agencies Fined for Colluding to Fix Prices". The Fashion Law. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- cfnews.net (2010-12-20). "Marilyn Agency reconfigure son capital - CFNEWS". CFNEWS (in French). Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "MARYLIN AGENCY (PARIS 3) Chiffre d'affaires, résultat, bilans sur SOCIETE.COM - 332442383". www.societe.com (in French). Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "France fines top model agencies for price fixing". Yahoo7 Finance Australia. Retrieved 2017-02-16.