November 25, 1953 |
New York City, United States
|Occupation||Novelist, screenwriter, director, film producer|
|Notable works||Twin Peaks, Hill Street Blues, The List of Seven, The Six Messiahs|
Mark Frost (born November 25, 1953) is an American novelist, screenwriter, director and film producer, best known as a writer for the television series Hill Street Blues and as the co-creator of the television series Twin Peaks.
Frost was a writer for the NBC television series Hill Street Blues. He co-created the ABC television series Twin Peaks and On the Air with David Lynch. He co-wrote and directed the film Storyville, co-wrote Fantastic Four and wrote The Greatest Game Ever Played, based on his book of the same name.
His other books on golf are The Match: The Day the Game of Golf Changed Forever, about a 1956 match pitting pros Ben Hogan and Byron Nelson against amateurs Harvie Ward and Ken Venturi, and The Grand Slam, about the 1930 golf season of Bobby Jones. His fictional works include The List of Seven, The Six Messiahs, and The Second Objective.
Born in New York, Frost moved with his family to Los Angeles during his childhood. He is the son of actor Warren Frost, whom he cast as Dr. Heyward in "Twin Peaks" and the brother of actress Lindsay Frost and writer Scott Frost. He graduated from the Carnegie Mellon College of Drama in 1975 with a BFA.
- The List of Seven (1993)
- The Six Messiahs (1995)
- Before I Wake (1997) under the pseudonym Eric Bowman
- The Second Objective (2009)
- Paladin Prophecy 1: The Paladin Prophecy (2012)
- Paladin Prophecy 2: Alliance (2013)
- Paladin Prophecy 3: Rogue (2015)
- The Greatest Game Ever Played: A True Story (2002)
- The Grand Slam: Bobby Jones, America, And the Story of Golf (2006)
- The Match: The Day the Game of Golf Changed Forever (2007)
- Game Six (2009)
- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
- The Greatest Game Ever Played
- Fantastic Four
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
- The Believers
- Twin Peaks
- Hill Street Blues
- On the Air
- Buddy Faro
- The Equalizer
- The Six Million Dollar Man
- American Chronicles
- All Souls
- Frost, Mark (2002). The Greatest Game Ever Played: Harry Vandon, Francis Ouimet , and the Birth of Modern Golf. Hyperion Books. ISBN 978-0-786-8692-06.
- "Biography | Mark Frost – novelist, television/film writer, director, producer". bymarkfrost.com. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- CMU School of Drama | Notable Alumni
- http://www.amazon.com/Rogue-Paladin-Prophecy-Book-3-ebook/dp/B00R04GCR4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1423882527&sr=8-1&keywords=Mark+Frost. Missing or empty