Dano in November 2014
November 30, 1994 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||215 lb (98 kg; 15 st 5 lb)|
Columbus Blue Jackets
|NHL Draft||27th overall, 2013
Columbus Blue Jackets
Marko Daňo (born November 30, 1994) is an Austrian-born Slovak professional ice hockey right winger currently playing for the Winnipeg Jets in the National Hockey League (NHL). He was originally drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the first round, 27th overall, at the 2013 NHL Entry Draft and made his NHL debut in 2014. Prior to playing in the NHL, Daňo played professionally for Slovan Bratislava of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) for two seasons.
Daňo was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the first round, 27th overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He was born in Eisenstadt, Austria, but grew up in Trenčín, Slovakia. Following the completion of his second KHL season in 2013–14 with Slovan Bratislava, Daňo signed an entry-level contract with the Blue Jackets on March 14, 2014.
Daňo made his NHL debut on October 9, 2014, against the Buffalo Sabres and scored his first career NHL goal, assist and point two days later, on October 11, his second game, against the New York Rangers. He played eight games with Columbus to begin the 2014–15 season before being assigned to the Springfield Falcons, the Blue Jackets' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate. In February 2015, however, he was recalled back to Columbus, where he played for the rest of regular season. Daňo finished the NHL season with eight goals and 13 assists (21 points) in 35 games played, as well as the AHL season with 11 goals and eight assists (19 points) in 39 games.
On June 30, 2015, Daňo, along with Jeremy Morin, Artem Anisimov and Corey Tropp, were traded to the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Brandon Saad, Alex Broadhurst and Michael Paliotta. After attending the Blackhawks training camp in preparation for the 2015–16 season, Daňo as a key piece in the Saad trade was surprisingly reassigned to AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs to begin the year and continue his development. On November 2, 2015, Daňo was recalled by the Blackhawks to the NHL. He made his Chicago debut that night in a 4-2 victory against the Los Angeles Kings. He featured in 13 games with the Blackhawks scoring a goal and an assist before he was returned to the IceHogs.
On June 13, 2017, the Jets re-signed Daňo to a one-year contract worth $850,000. 
Regular season and playoffs
|2014–15||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||35||8||13||21||14||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Marko Daňo's NHL Draft Profile". National Hockey League. 2013-06-27. Retrieved 2013-06-27.
- "Blue Jackets sign First round pick Mark Dano to three-year entry level contract". Columbus Blue Jackets. 2014-03-14. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- "Atkinson's two goals lead Blue Jackets past Rangers". 2014-10-12. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- "First NHL Goal: Dano pockets two points in Blue Jackets' win". 2014-11-11. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- "Blue Jackets recall forward Dana Tyrell from Springfield, send forward Marko Dano to AHL team". 2014-11-08. Retrieved 2015-01-17.
- "Blue Jackets recall Marko Dano from Springfield Falcons (AHL)". 2015-02-16. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Peters, Chris (30 June 2015). "Blackhawks trade Brandon Saad to Blue Jackets in 7-player deal". CBS Sports. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- "Blackhawks recall Dano, assign Bickell". Chicago Blackhawks. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Marko Dano makes Blackhawks debut in win". Chicago Tribune. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2015-11-02.
- "Blackhawks make big move in bringing back winger Andrew Ladd". Chicago Tribune. 2016-02-25. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "Slovakia reaches world hockey quarters". Calgary Herald. 2013-05-19. Retrieved 2013-07-01.
- Marko Daňo player profile at NHL.com
- Marko Daňo career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Marko Daňo career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Columbus Blue Jackets first round draft pick