||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Martin Eugen Ekström (6 December 1887 – 28 December 1954) was a Swedish military adventurer who became the leader of the National Socialist Bloc, an umbrella organization for various fascist and National Socialist groups. Ekström was born in By, Avesta Municipality. During the 1918 Finnish Civil War, he led the Vasa Regiment which was responsible of the Vyborg massacre. Lieutenant colonel Ekström led the 3rd Battlegroup of the Swedish Volunteer Corps in the Finnish Winter War. He died in Helsinki, aged 67.
Ekström was born in By, Kopparberg County, the son of Anders Gustav Ekström and his wife Johanna Mathilda (née Eriksson). He graduated from the Artillery School in 1916 and completed the German officers examination in Turkey in 1916. Ekström was military Instructor of the Persian Gendarmerie from 1911 to 1915 and was chief of staff of Vaasa White Guard District. He participated in the Finnish Civil War, the Estonian War of Independence and the Lithuanian Wars of Independence.
In 1920 he married Gladys Kurtén (born 1896), the daughter of Karl Henrik Kurtén and Florence Emma Elliott.
-  Tendens.se.
- Vem är det: svensk biografisk handbok. 1933 [Who is it: Swedish biographical handbook. 1933] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedt. 1932. p. 210.
- Vem är det: svensk biografisk handbok. 1943 [Who is it: Swedish biographical handbook. 1943] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedt. 1940. p. 205.
- Rees, Philip, ed. (1991). Biographical Dictionary of the Extreme Right Since 1890. ISBN 0-13-089301-3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Martin Ekström.|
- Wester, Sivert (1985). Martin Ekström: orädd frivillig i fem krig [Martin Ekström: fearless volunteer in five wars] (in Swedish). Stockholm: Militärhistoriska förl. ISBN 91-85266-35-3. LIBRIS 7747343.
- Schiller, Karl (1919). En av de svenske i främmande land (in Swedish). Stockholm: Norstedt. LIBRIS 1658244.
- Ekström, Martin Eugen (06.12.1887), in Swedish with photo.
- National Enlightenment. Traits in the History of Swedish Antisemitism at the Wayback Machine (archived November 17, 2005)
- Swedish Fascism - Why Bother? by Lena Berggren