March 4, 1947
|Occupation||Former Nigeria First Lady|
|Spouse(s)||Sani Abacha (1943–1998)|
Abba Sani Abacha
Mahmud Sani Abacha
Fatima Gumsu Sani Abacha
In 1999 Maryam Abacha said that her husband acted in the good will of Nigeria; an official of the Nigerian government said that Maryam Abacha said that to convince the government to grant her a reprieve, as the president, Olusegun Obasanjo, had been jailed by Sani Abacha. As of 2000 Maryam Abacha remained in Nigeria.
- "BBC News - Africa - Abacha widow breaks her silence". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "CNN: Newsmaker Profiles". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- Chhabra, Hari Sharan (2000-12-17). "After Mobutu, it's Abacha". The Tribune.
- "The Perfect Mark". The New Yorker. 15 May 2006. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "International email scams score billions with offer of millions.," Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- "E-Mail Offer Is Scheme to Defraud Visa Seekers". New York Times. October 28, 2004.
- "Imagine what the millions would do to our FDI numbers!, BUSINESS TIMES". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "If It's From Nigeria, Hit Delete". 1 November 2004. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "USATODAY.com - File-sharing war won't go away; it'll just go abroad". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Buy In to Spam to Get Rich Quick". Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Obasanjo visit sparks Kano riot." BBC.
- An open letter to Mrs. Mariam Abacha at the Wayback Machine (archived November 27, 1999)
- Why I fought Abubakar Audu– Ex-Kogi commissioner, Hajiya