Maryland State Bar Association
|Founded||August 8, 1896|
|Legal status||501(c)(6) professional association|
|23,000 as of 2013|
|Pamila J. Brown|
|Affiliations||Pro Bono Resource Center Inc,
Legal Aid Bureau Inc,
Maryland Bar Foundation Inc
|Mission||To effectively represent Maryland's lawyers, to provide member services and to promote professionalism, diversity in the legal profession, access to justice, service to the public, and respect for the rule of law.|
The Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA) is a voluntary bar association for the state of Maryland. Among MSBA's publications are the bimonthly Maryland Bar Journal, the monthly newsletter Maryland Bar Bulletin, the electronic newsletter Maryland Bar Brief and various reports. 
The organization was established on August 8, 1896, and is directed by a 43-member Board of elected Governors, including 32 elected by geographical districts, four "Young Lawyer" governors, and the organization's officers.
In 1985, the Poe School, located at the northeast corner of Baltimore's West Fayette and North Greene Streets, became the permanent home of the Maryland State Bar Association.
MSBA does not handle matters such as law licensing or complaints against lawyers; those powers rest with the Maryland Judiciary.
The MSBA was the last state bar association in the United States to admit women; Rose Zetzer became its first female member of the MSBA in 1946. This barrier lead to the formation of the Women's Bar Association of Maryland in 1929.
- Board of Governors, Maryland State Bar Association, retrieved 2013-02-18
- "Form 990: Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax". Maryland State Bar Association Inc. Guidestar. June 30, 2014.
- Maryland Bar Overview, Martindale Hubbell, retrieved 2013-02-18
- "Board of Governors". Maryland State Bar Association. Accessed on June 9, 2016.
- "Staff Directory". Maryland State Bar Association. Accessed on June 9, 2016.
- About the Maryland State Bar Association, Maryland State Bar Association, retrieved 2013-02-18
- Publications, Maryland State Bar Association, retrieved 2013-02-18
- Maryland State Board of Bar Examiners, Maryland Judiciary, retrieved 2013-02-18
- History of the Women's Bar Association of Maryland, Women's Bar Association of Maryland, retrieved 2013-02-18