Current Masjid Al-Ansar in Bedok, Singapore, after the extensive renovation on the building.
|Location||155, Bedok North Avenue 1, Bedok, Singapore 469751|
|Architectural style||Islamic architecture|
|Construction cost||S$15.9 million (2015)|
Masjid Al-Ansar, or Al-Ansar Mosque, is a mosque in Singapore that was among the first few to be built under Phase One of the Mosque Building Fund Programme. It was completed in 1981 and is located in the Bedok North area, at the junction of Chai Chee Street and Bedok North Avenue 1. The mosque originally could accommodate up to 3,500 people at any one time. Apart from daily and Friday prayers, the mosque offers madrasah classes during weekdays and weekends. It is also one of the few mosques that organizes religious classes in Tamil, and is one of only two mosques in Singapore with a full-time welfare officer.
In October 2011, the mosque chairman announced that the masjid would undergo a major renovation, which began in October 2012. The upgrade took almost three years to complete, but increased the accommodation size to 4,500 people, while improving access to the building for the elderly. The only surviving part of the original mosque is the minaret, which has been turned into an elevator shaft.
The mosque officially re-opened on the 24 April 2015. The new mosque has a total of seven floors, including a basement car park. Other features include barrier-free access, ramps, and a family prayer area.
- Timeline of Islamic history
- List of mosques
- Religion in Singapore
- Islam in Singapore
- List of mosques in Singapore
- "4,000 visit new mosque to pray". The Straits Times. 20 June 1981. p. 15. Retrieved 13 August 2016 – via NewspaperSG.
- Bedok's Al-Ansar Mosque reopens | http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/bedok-s-al-ansar-mosque/1805196.html
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Masjid Al-Ansar.|
- Majlis Ugama Islam Singapura, MUIS (Islamic Religious Council of Singapore)
- List of Mosques in Singapore managed by MUIS : Masjid Al-Ansar
- Makeover for 30-year-old Al Ansar Mosque in Chai Chee
|This article about a mosque or other Islamic place of worship in Singapore is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|