The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
G. Mason Morfit is the President and Chief Investment Officer of ValueAct Capital. He was appointed to the Board of Directors of Microsoft in March 2014. He left the Microsoft Board of Directors in November 2017. 
Morfit joined the ValueAct Capital in January 2001. Prior to that, he worked in equity research for Credit Suisse First Boston. He is a director of Valeant Pharmaceuticals International and a former director of Advanced Medical Optics, Inc., C.R. Bard, Inc., Immucor, Inc., MSD Performance, Inc., and Solexa, Inc.
In December 2016, Morfit catalyzed a tribute to Carrie Fisher at Lucasfilm Yoda statue by dropping a bouquet of flowers and a personal note. The site became a citywide meeting point for grieving Star Wars fans.
- "Mason Morfit Joins Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Board Of Directors". ValueWalk. March 12, 2014. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- Popa, Bogdan (March 12, 2014). "Microsoft Appoints ValueAct Capital President as Board of Directors Member". Softpedia. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- "Activist investor Morfit leaving Microsoft's board". The Seattle Times. September 19, 2017.
- "ValueAct Team | G. Mason Morfit". ValueAct Capital. Retrieved September 22, 2014.
- Pereira, Alyssa (December 28, 2016). "Tributes to Carrie Fisher appear around San Francisco". SFGate. Retrieved January 5, 2016.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|