Master of Science in Engineering
A Master of Science degree in engineering (abbreviated MSE, M.Sc.Eng. or MScEng) is a type of Master of Science degree awarded by universities in many countries. It is an academic degree to be differentiated from a Master of Engineering degree.
A Master of Science degree in engineering can require completion of a thesis and qualifies the holder to apply for a program leading to a Doctor of Philosophy degree (often abbreviated Ph.D. or D.Phil) in engineering while a Master of Engineering degree can require completion of a project rather than thesis and usually does not qualify its holder to apply for a Ph.D or D.Phil in engineering. The Master of Science in engineering is considered equivalent to diplom degree in engineering in the countries that haven't a specific distinction between M.Eng. and M.Sc.Eng.
Equivalent degrees are:
- Dipl. ing. (Diplôme d'ingénieur) before name, France;
- Dipl.-Ing. (Diplom-Ingenieur) before name, Austria;
- Dipl.-Ing. (Diplom-Ingenieur) before name, Germany
(Phased out due to Bologna process; not to be confused with Dipl.-Ing. degrees with additions such as "FH", "DA" or "DH" which are considered as Bachelor's degrees);
- Ir (burgerlijk ingenieur, not to be confused with civil engineering) before name, The Netherlands/Belgium (NL);
- Ir (Ingénieur Civil, not to be confused with civil engineering) before name, Belgium (FR);
- Ing. (Ingénieur industriel (FR)/Industriël ingenieur (NL)) before name, Belgium;
- Civ.ing. (Civilingenjör, not to be confused with civil engineering), Sweden;
- Cand.polyt. (Civilingeniør, not to be confused with civil engineering), Denmark;
- Siv.ing. (sivilingeniør, not to be confused with civil engineering), Norway;
- DI (Diplomi-insinööri), Finland;
- mgr inż. (magister inżynier) before name, Poland;
- okl. mérnök (okleveles mérnök), Hungary;
- Ing. (Ingegnere) before name, Italy;
- Ing. (Inženýr) before name, Czech Republic;
- Ing. (Inžinier) before name, Slovakia;
- Yük. Müh. (Yüksek Mühendis) before name, Turkey.
|This article relating to education is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|