||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Matthew Daniel Hammitt|
October 19, 1979 |
Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
|Associated acts||Sanctus Real|
"Matt" Hammitt (born October 19, 1979) is an American singer, songwriter, speaker and author. For 20 years, Matt was the lead singer for the hit band Sanctus Real and is now currently pursuing a solo artist career. The band Sanctus Real has released seven studio albums with Sparrow Records, toured internationally and released 14 top five and number one singles to Christian radio, earning them a household name amongst Christian music fans worldwide. Matt has been the recipient of three Dove Awards, has been nominated for two Grammys for his work with Sanctus Real, and has received multiple awards from SESAC and ASCAP for radio chart performance. Matt has also co-written songs for other artists, including for King & Country, Francesca Battistelli, Jamie Grace, Newsong, Hawk Nelson, Moriah Peters, Jason Gray, Citizen Way and Love and the Outcome.
On July 1, 2015, Hammitt announced that he was leaving Sanctus Real, effective December 2015.
Matt's passion for family is what ultimately led him to leave Sanctus Real in 2015. After leaving Sanctus Real, Matt and his wife Sarah, launched a podcast called "The Lead Me Lifecast", along with "LEAD ME LIVE" conferences and concert events. The events focused on building men, marriages and family. Matt is also currently a partner with Family Life Ministries out of Little Rock, Arkansas, as a speaker for their "Weekend to Remember" marriage retreats.
In July 2016, Matt partnered with Seth Mosley's Full Circle Music Company (FCM Records). Matt was first signed as a writer for FCM songs, followed by an album deal with FCM Records. Matt Hammitt's second solo album will be his debut for FCM and will release in spring of 2017.
In September 2010, Matt’s wife, Sarah, gave birth to their third child, Bowen. Diagnosed with a life-threatening heart defect at nineteen weeks in utero, his future was uncertain. Leading up to Bowen’s birth, Matt wrote his first solo album, "Every Falling Tear" (Sparrow Records). The album was released in September 2011, carrying the theme of trusting God in the darkest seasons of life.
- In Christ Alone: Modern Hymns of Worship with Bethany Dillon (2008) Sparrow
- Empty (Disciples) - Dan Haseltine/ Matt Hammitt 
"The Lead Me Lifecast" is a series of personal and spiritual journals, along with vulnerable conversations about topics related to faith, family, marriage and manhood. "The Lead Me Lifecast" is produced and hosted by Matt Hammitt.
Matt has a passion for family life. He married his wife, Sarah, in the summer of 2001. They enjoyed many adventures together, traveling with Sanctus Real for the first five years of their marriage, until Sarah left the road to become a stay at home mom in 2006. Matt has been married to his wife Sarah, for 15 years. They have 4 children; Emmy (10) Claire (8) Bowen (6) Lewis (4). In 2010, Bowen was diagnosed with a life-threatening heart defect at nineteen weeks in utero. His future was uncertain. Leading up to Bowen’s birth, Matt wrote his first solo album, Every Falling Tear. The album was released in September 2011, carrying the theme of trusting God in the darkest seasons of life. Matt also released a children’s book with co-author, Jason Ingram, based on a song from the album, titled "I Couldn’t Love You More" (Tyndale House Publishers). During the first six months of life, Bowen endured two open-heart surgeries, a stroke and cardiac arrest. Finding new purpose through the pain of almost losing their son, Matt and Sarah started a blog called Bowen’s Heart (Bowensheart.com), drawing hundreds of thousands of readers. With the support of their friends and readers, the Hammitts started Whole Hearts Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides financial, emotional and spiritual support for families of children living with pediatric heart disease.
|Year||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|2011||Every Falling Tear
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
- Jesus Freak Hideout. "Matt Hammitt biography". Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- Hammitt, Matt (2017). "Matt Hammitt Tears". daily.plaympe.com.
- Hammitt, Matt (2017). "Matt Hammitt Signs with FCM Records". newreleasetoday.com.
- McDonald, Madeline (2010). "Story Behind The Album". youtube.com.
- Matt Hammitt and Bethany Dillon (2008-03-11). "In Christ Alone: Modern Hymns Of Worship". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- McDonald, Madeline (2011). ""Empty" Compilation". youtube.com.
- McDonald, Madeline (2012). "Hard Copy "I Couldn't Love You More"". amazon.com.
- Hammitt, Matt. "Lead Me Lifecast". matthammittmusic.com.
- Allmusic (2011-09-13). "Every Falling Tear". Allmusic. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- Jesus Freak Hideout (2011-09-13). "Every Falling Tear". Jesus Freak Hideout. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- Billboard (2012-01-27). "Matt Hammitt Album & Song Chart History". Billboard. Retrieved 2012-01-27.