Matt McCoy (actor)
May 20, 1958 |
Austin, Texas, U.S.
Life and career
McCoy was born in Austin, Texas. He attended Walter Johnson High School, graduating in 1976. He began acting when he appeared in two plays in the student-directed one act festival: Winners by Brian Friel, and Footsteps of Doves by Robert Anderson.
Since starring as Sgt. Nick Lassard in Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach and Police Academy 6: City Under Siege, his motion picture credits have included the Curtis Hanson films The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992) and L.A. Confidential (1997), as well as the action comedy National Security (2003) alongside Martin Lawrence and Steve Zahn.
He has worked regularly on television. His credits include starring in the sitcom We Got It Made, and guest appearances on Murder, She Wrote, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Golden Girls, The Nanny, L.A. Law, Melrose Place, NYPD Blue, Chicago Hope, Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Six Feet Under, The West Wing, Carnivàle, CSI: NY, Silicon Valley and Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.Huff. He played "Lloyd Braun" in two episodes of Seinfeld. He appeared in three Bigfoot-themed movies: Bigfoot: The Unforgettable Encounter (1994), Little Bigfoot (1997) and Abominable (2006).
In 2014, McCoy began appearing as spokesperson in commercials for Hartford Insurance.
- "Matt McCoy profile". The New York Times. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- Bernstein, Richard (March 11, 1989). "Police Academy 6 City Under Siege (1989) Review/Film; Bungling as a Fine Art".
- Canby, Vincent (January 10, 1992). "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle (1992) Review/Film; Help Wanted: A Nanny, Duplicity & Malice Req'd". The New York Times.
- "L.A. Confidential". The New York Times.
- Matt McCoy at the Internet Movie Database
- Matt McCoy profile, tv.msn.com; accessed February 16, 2015.
|This article about a film and TV actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|