Mira in July 2015, San Diego Comic-Con
|Birth name||Matthew Paul Mira|
August 5, 1983 |
|Years active||Since 2008|
|Notable works and roles||Co-Host of The Nerdist Podcast, Co-Host of FEaB, Correspondent for "Gadget Pr0n" on G4s Attack of the Show, Writer for @midnight|
Life and career
Mira was born in Stoneham, Massachusetts, and grew up in Lowell, Massachusetts. He was raised Catholic, and attended Lowell Catholic High School. After high school he attended local colleges. He left Massachusetts for Los Angeles in 2007 to pursue a career in comedy.
From 2008 to 2010, while working as an Apple Genius, Mira produced the podcast Comedy and Everything Else featuring Todd Glass and Jimmy Dore. Since February 2010, Mira has co-hosted The Nerdist Podcast, with Jonah Ray and Chris Hardwick. The podcast was named one of 2010's best by The A.V. Club. Mira has appeared as a guest on several other podcasts, including Sklarbro Country and Doug Loves Movies. In 2011 Mira produced ONESTAR, a show at UCB Theatre Los Angeles with comedian Thomas Lennon in which comedians and actors performed "dramatic readings of the YELP reviews of the Koreatown 24 Hour Fitness." Mira now hosts a weekly open mic at the NerdMelt theatre at Meltdown Comics in Los Angeles titled Nerdist Open Mic, formerly titled Matt Mira's Day Off. In May 2011, BBC America commissioned a pilot based on the The Nerdist Podcast, hosted by its creator, comedian Chris Hardwick and featuring Jonah Ray and Mira in their usual co-hosting roles. Mira announced on The Nerdist Podcast that he had accepted a job as the new gadget producer on G4's Attack of the Show. In January 2012, he began making on-air appearances for the segment. Beginning in July 2012, Mira co-hosted Attack of the Show up until its final episode on January 23, 2013.
On June 19, 2015, Kevin Smith announced via Facebook that he and Mira "will provide a commentary track for every single episode of Frasier" on a new podcast entitled Talk Salad & Scrambled Eggs - Frasier Reconsidered w/ Matt Mira & Kevin Smith.
|2011–2013||Attack of the Show!||Himself - Gadget Pr0n / Himself - Host / Segment Producer||65 episodes|
|2013||The Nerdist||Himself (Host) / Senior Segment Producer / Head Writer||18 episodes|
- Leijon, Eric (July 28, 2011). The dean of dweebs. Montreal Mirror
- Burrows, Leah (April 8, 2011). Chris Hardwick singles out his nerdiness. Boston Herald
- Hardwick, Chris (March 18, 2011). "Nerdist Episode 70". nerdist.com.
- Hardwick, Chris (February 11, 2011). "Nerdist Episode 60". nerdist.com.
- "Zvents Performers: Matt Mira".
- Hardwick, Chris (February 8, 2010). "The Nerdist Podcast: Now A Thing!". nerdist.com.
- Adams, Erik; Heisler, Steve; Hyden, Steven; Koski, Genevieve; Phipps, Keith; Robinson, Tasha; Ryan, Kyle; Tobias, Scott (December 29, 2010). "The Best Podcasts of 2010". The A.V. Club.
- Aukerman, Scott. "Earwolf guest: Matt Mira". Earwolf.
- Benson, Doug (August 24, 2011). Zach Galifianakis, Nick Swardson, Marc Maron and Matt Mira guest Doug Loves Movies.
- "Matt Mira & Thomas Lennon present ONESTAR". Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.
- Hardwick, Chris. "Matt Mira's Day Off: Warning: The Following Item Is an Open Mic". LA Weekly.
- Wicks, Kevin (May 23, 2011). Anglophenia: Chris Hardwick to host "Ministry of Laughs" and Nerdist pilot for BBC America. BBC America
- Hardwick, Chris. "Nerdist Podcast #112".
- "Mira Co-Host AoTS".
- "Mira writes on @Midnight".
- "Kevin Smith NEW PODCAST! @mattmira & I will provide a commentary track for every single episode of FRASIER on TALK SALAD & SCRAMBLED EGGS!".