Matt and Bubba Kadane
Matt & Bubba Kadane
|Origin||Wichita Falls, Texas|
|Genres||Indie rock, rock and roll, slowcore|
|Labels||Trance Syndicate, Touch and Go Records, Plexifilm|
|Associated acts||Bedhead, The New Year, Overseas, Sigh of Relief|
Matt and Bubba Kadane is an American musical duo that consists of two brothers, Matt Kadane and Bubba Kadane. They have founded three indie rock bands, serving as producers, songwriters, vocalists, and guitarists in all of them. The first, Bedhead, released three well-received studio LPs before it was disbanded. The brothers reformed as The New Year in 2001, and in 2012 they formed the group Overseas with David Bazan and Will Johnson.
Albums with Bedhead
- 1994: WhatFunLifeWas (Trance Syndicate)
- 1994: 4-songEP19:10 (Trance Syndicate)
- 1996: The Dark Ages EP (Trance Syndicate)
- 1996: Beheaded (Trance Syndicate)
- 1998: Transaction de Novo (Trance Syndicate)
- 2000: Macha Loved Bedhead (Jetset Records)
- 2014: 1992-1998 Box Set
- 2015: Live 1998 live album (Numero Group)
- 1992: "Bedside Table/Living Well" (Direct Hit Records)
- 1993: "The Rest of the Day/I'm Not Here" (Direct Hit Records)
- 1998: "Lepidoptera/Leper" (Trance Syndicate)
Albums with The New Year
- 2001: Newness Ends (Touch & Go)
- 2004: The End Is Near (Touch & Go)
- 2008: The New Year (Touch & Go)
- 2017: Snow (Undertow Music Collective)
Albums with Overseas
- 2013: Overseas
|2001||S/T||Chris Brokaw, Viva Las Vegas||Acuarela Discos||Yes||No||Performance|
|2002||Italian Platinum||Silkworm||Touch and Go||Yes||No||Keyboards|
|2003||Love & Affliction||Consonant||Fenway Recordings||Yes||No||Performance|
|2003||"It Looks Like You" (UK #75)||Evan Dando||Bar/None Records||Yes||No||Performance|
|2004||It'll Be Cool||Silkworm||Touch and Go||Yes||No||Keyboards|
|2005||Incredible Love||Chris Brokaw||12XU||Yes||No||Performance|
|2006||Music from The O. C. Mix 6 (track "The End's Not Near")||Various (Band of Horses)||Warner Bros. Records||Yes||Yes||Writers|
|2006||Chokes||Silkworm||Comedy Minus One||Yes||No||Performance|
|2006||An Idiot Not To Appreciate Your Time (track "Clean'd Me Out”)||Various||Genuflecting||Yes||Yes||Performance|
|2007||2-song 7-inch||Tre Orsi||Works Progress||No||Yes||Producer|
|2008||Takes (track "Bedside Table")||Adem||Domino Recording Company||Yes||Yes||Writers|
|2010||Devices and Emblems||Tre Orsi||Comedy Minus One||No||Yes||Producer|
|2010||Casual Victim Pile (track "The Engineer")||Various||Matador Records||No||Yes||Producer|
- Interview with Matt Kadane (Deathrockstar, July 2003)
- Bubba Kadane Interview (Bandega.com, 2007)
- "Interview with Matt Kadane". OVRLD: Austin Music First. November 22, 2013.
- "Interview with Musician Matt Kadane". Aesthetics for Birds. December 17, 2013.
- "Interview with Matt and Bubba Kadane (Part 1) and others (Part 2)". Secret Decoder. November 12, 2014.
- Ankeny, Jason. "Bedhead Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Cooper, Kane (August 7, 2009). "Review: WhatFunLifeWas". Sputnik Music. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Raggett, Ned (1994). "Bedhead Review: What Fun Life Was". Allmusic. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- Bush, Nathan (February 1998). "Bedhead Review: Transaction de Novo". Allmusic. Retrieved 2014-05-16.
- "What Fun Life Is". Dallas Observer. February 15, 2001. Archived from the original on January 25, 2005. Retrieved 2014-05-13.
- Interview: The New Year (Matt and Bubba Kadane) by Stephen Raywood
- Pitchfork Media review for The End is Near Archived 2008-06-07 at the Wayback Machine
- "David Bazan & Kadane Brothers Form Indie Super-Group". Violent Success. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-07-02.