Koma in 2014
June 2, 1987
Seaford, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Singer, songwriter, DJ, record producer|
Hilary Duff (m. 2019)
Matthew Bair (born June 2, 1987), known by his stage name Matthew Koma, is an American singer, songwriter, DJ and record producer. Matthew Koma wrote numerous hit songs, including Zedd's "Spectrum", and Grammy Award-winner "Clarity", also with Zedd.
Inspired by Elvis Costello, Bruce Springsteen, and Stephan Jenkins, Koma started his music career in punk rock, later transitioning into a mixture of genres ranging from pop and hip hop to EDM. Koma's early collaborations include work with Hardwell, Zedd, Miriam Bryant, Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso, Tiësto, Vicetone and Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic.
Koma was noticed by Jimmy Iovine who signed him to Interscope Records after watching an acoustic performance of the record "She". He later released his first EP, Parachute, in May 2012, in which he wrote, produced and co-produced all four tracks with collaborators Twice as Nice, Alex da Kid, Sam Watters, Louis Biancaniello, and Ari Levine. Since then he has taken part in the Sorry For Party Rocking worldwide tour with LMFAO and Far East Movement, and later toured with the band Owl City. In March 2012, Bruce Springsteen released "Rocky Ground", a remix that Koma co-produced with Ron Aniello as a single from his album Wrecking Ball.
In 2014, Koma and DJ Hardwell released the single "Dare You", appeared on RAC's debut album, featuring on the single "Cheap Sunglasses". EDM star Audien's single "Serotonin", and on Showtek's "Cannonball (Earthquake)" which reached number one on the UK Dance Chart.
In January 2015, Koma was featured in Kia Motors' online video series Rediscovered, where he recorded a cover of The Miracles' "The Tracks of My Tears" before Smokey Robinson made a surprise visit in the studio.
Koma collaborated with The Knocks on "I Wish (My Taylor Swift)", which was released as a single in September 2015 and later appeared on the Knocks' 2016 album, 55.
In 2017, Koma produced several tracks for Shania Twain's fifth studio album Now, including the lead single "Life's About to Get Good". He guests on the Downes Braide Association album Skyscraper Souls
In August 2018 he premiered "On the 5", both single and video under his new project, Winnetka Bowling League via RCA Records. Koma is married to Hilary Duff. They both have 2 children together. Luca Cruz Comrie born in 2012 to Duff and her ex-husband, whom Koma considers as his own child and Banks Violet Bair born in 2018. 
- Gamboa, Glenn (July 27, 2011). "LI's Matthew Koma signs with major label". Newsday. New York City / Long Islandaccessdate=March 29, 2015.CS1 maint: location (link)
- Pearce, James. "Matthew Koma Biography". AllMusic.com. Archived from the original on February 25, 2016. Retrieved January 18, 2017.
- "Matthew Koma". Watchdog Management. Archived from the original on June 15, 2012. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
Born and raised on Long Island...
- Gamboa, Glenn. "Matthew Koma has big homecoming at Coliseum". Newsday. Retrieved August 9, 2014.
- Pannacione, Maggie (March 21, 2012). "Matthew Koma to Release "Parachute" EP on May 29". Artist Direct.
- Gamboa, Glenn (July 27, 2011). "LI's Matthew Koma signs with major label". Explore LI. (subscription required)
- "Newcomer Matthew Koma to Release Four-Song Debut – Parachute EP – on Cherrytree/Darkchild/Interscope Records May 29th". International Business Times. May 16, 2012. Archived from the original on September 24, 2015.
- Gamboa, Glenn (January 31, 2012). "Matthew Koma lands Cherrytree European tour slot". Newsday.
- "Matthew Koma on tour with Owl City". Skope. August 16, 2012.
- Gamboa, Glenn (July 3, 2012). "Springsteen picks Koma remix for new single". Newsday.
- "Hardwell & Matthew Koma 'Dare You' in New Video". Djtimes.com. 2014-01-13. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "RAC – Cheap Sunglasses (feat Matthew Koma)". Good Music All Day. Archived from the original on July 6, 2014. Retrieved July 9, 2014.
- "CODE First Play: Audien & Matthew Koma, 'Serotonin'". Billboard. 2014-05-29. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Showtek – Cannonball (Earthquake) Lyrics | Genius". genius.com. 2014-04-13. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "BBC Radio 1 - The Official Chart Update, 16/04/2014". Bbc.co.uk. 2014-04-16. Retrieved 2015-07-14.
- "Music 'Rediscovered' by Matthew Koma at 2015 YTMA". Kia Motors. 2015-01-08. Retrieved 2015-03-16.
- Stephen Thomas Erlewine. "Now - Shania Twain | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved September 28, 2017.