McDonough Historic District
|Location||Centered on Griffin St. and Keys Ferry St., McDonough, Georgia|
|Area||200 acres (81 ha)|
|Architect||Andrew J. Bryan, others|
|Architectural style||Late Victorian, Late 19th and Early 20th Century American Movements|
|NRHP reference No.||07001201|
|Added to NRHP||November 19, 2007|
The McDonough Historic District, in McDonough, Georgia, is a 200-acre (81 ha) historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007. It is centered on Griffin St. and Keys Ferry St. and has buildings dating back to 1823. The district includes 187 contributing buildings, one contributing structure, one contributing site, and a contributing object, as well as 71 non-contributing buildings.
Specifically it includes:
|Welcome Center||5 Griffin St.
||Former gas station which currently houses the McDonough Welcome Center Main Street Program and the McDonough Hospitality and Tourism, Inc. office|
|Henry County Courthouse||1895-97 built||Romanesque Revival courthouse designed by Golucke & Stewart.|
|Confederate Memorial||1910 built||Courthouse square
||The Confederate statue on the McDonough Square was taken down July 28, 2020|
|Brown House||71 Macon St.
||House expanded in 1883 to current two-story size, then serving as Brown House Hotel|
|First Baptist Church of McDonough||1903-04 built||101 Macon St
||Gothic Revival brick church with bell tower, lancet windows, castellation|
(now Clay Plaza building)
|1912||2 Macon St., on courthouse square
||Built as a one-story brick building in 1912. Served as a movie theater by 1918; expanded in size by 1930|
|Globe Hotel||1827 built
|20 Jonesboro St.
|Commercial storefronts||18 Macon St.
||Brick-faced commercial buildings on courthouse square.|
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- Steven Moffson; William Blankenship (September 24, 2007). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory/Nomination: McDonough Historic District". National Park Service. Retrieved March 31, 2018. With 55 photos from 2005. Mentions five sketch maps, not included in online documents.
- Henry County Courthouse Georgia Info
- Kenneth H. Thomas, Jr. (June 6, 1991). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Brown House". National Park Service. Retrieved April 2, 2018. With 10 photos from 1990.
- Media related to McDonough Historic District at Wikimedia Commons