Pio Manzù International Research Centre
The Pio Manzù International Research Centre, commonly referred to as the Pio Manzu Research Centre or Pio Manzu Centre, is a non-governmental environmental organization of the United Nations founded in 1969 and based in Rimini, Italy. The purpose of the centre to serve as an "institute for the in-depth study of the main economic and scientific aspects of the relationship between man and his environment". The centre holds an annual conference in Rimini, Italy, along with carrying out research projects and publishing the journal Environmental Structures.
As of 2007, the Pio Manzù Center has Lorenzo Cagnoni as president, Roberto Valducci as vice-president, and Gerardo Filiberto Dasi as general secretary. The centre also has an International Scientific Committee where Mikhail Gorbachev is president and Giandomenico Picco is vice-president.
The Pio Manzù International Research Centre was founded in 1969 by Girardo Filiberto Dasi and 14 other academics.
The centre was named in honor of Italian designer Pio Manzu after he died in a car crash. Manzu was also a founding member of the International Research Centre on Environmental Structures and designed cars including the Fiat 127.
The centre has hosted an annual conference in Rimini, Italy, since the founding of the centre in 1969. During this conference, the centre's International Scientific Committee also awards the Medal of the President of the Italian Republic and the Gold Medal of the Pio Manzu Centre.
- "Pio Manzù Center". Pio Manzù International Research Centre. Archived from the original on October 31, 2007.
- Thaddeus C. Trzyna, Elizabeth Margold, Julia K. Osborn (1996). World Directory of Environmental Organizations. 5. Earthscan. p. 112.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- Mikhail, Gorbachev (October 19, 2003). "Newsletter - The Pio Manzu Centre, Rimini, Italy - XXIX Annual Conference, 2003". Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- "Pio Manzu: The Centre's Structure". Pio Manzù International Research Centre. Archived from the original on November 19, 2007.
- Katulak, Hilary (August 14, 2012). "BABSON GLOBAL'S DANIEL ISENBERG TO RECEIVE PIO MANZU CENTER GOLD MEDAL FOR "PIONEERING AND INNOVATIVE APPROACH TO FOSTER ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT"". Babson College. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Giacosa, Dante (2014) [1st pub. Automobilia, 1979]. I miei 40 anni di progettazione alla Fiat (PDF) (in Italian). Centro Storico Fiat. p. 339.
Lo stile della 127 é di Pio Manzù.
- "Independent Institute Awards". Independent Institute. Retrieved February 21, 2019.
- Michael, Albert (October 14, 2004). "Life After Capitalism – And Now Too". zmag.org. Archived from the original on August 7, 2007.
- "Deepak Chopra". Mythic Journey. Retrieved 2007-10-13.
- Porceddu, Ennio. "GIUSEPPE ANEDDA Il virtuoso del mandolino di Ennio Porceddu". Retrieved September 27, 2015.
...Anedda fu conferita una medaglia d’oro in nome della Presidenza della Repubblica Italiana...
- "AngeliqueKidjo - home". Angelique