26 March 1976 |
Christchurch, New Zealand
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position(s): GK|
|1999–2000, 2010||Canterbury Tactix|
|2001–03, 05–07||Southern Sting|
|Last updated: 3 April 2010|
Hutton debuted in the Coca-Cola Cup (later the National Bank Cup) in 1999 with the Canterbury Flames, joining Silver Ferns defenders Vilimaina Davu and Anna Veronese. After two years with the Canterbury franchise, Hutton transferred to the Southland-based Southern Sting. In 2004, Hutton moved north to play with the Capital Shakers, but after one year with the Wellington-based side, Hutton made a controversial return to the Sting, where she remained for the rest of the National Bank Cup.
The National Bank Cup concluded in 2007 with the Sting winning a closely fought 50–49 final over the Northern Force. After the final National Bank Cup, Hutton moved to England and played in the 2007–08 Netball Superleague for Team Northumbria. The inclusion of Hutton and two Australian imports were noted as contributing factors in Team Northumbria's improved performance over the season.
She returned to New Zealand for the start of the ANZ Championship, again playing in Southland, this time for the new Southern Steel franchise. Hutton played two seasons in the Steel, before retiring from netball after 2009. She was lured out of retirement the following year as a temporary replacement player for the Canterbury Tactix, after veteran defender Anna Galvan sustained a wrist injury.
- McFadden, Suzanne (22 June 2007). "Flatmates with a bond". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Sting once again team to beat". NZCity. 2 November 2004. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- McFadden, Suzanne (23 June 2007). "Fairytale end to final chapter of league". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- "Megan sights on net gains". Evening Chronicle. 2 November 2007. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- New, Paul (12 February 2008). "Netball has exploded upon the North East sporting scene these last winter weeks with unexpected and spectacular success". Evening Chronicle. Retrieved 29 March 2010.
- Johannsen, Dana (6 July 2009). "Steel's suspense ends tonight". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- Seconi, Adrian (5 April 2010). "Hutton happy to help after injuries hit Tactix". Otago Daily Times. Retrieved 5 April 2010.