Mercédès Adrienne Ramona Manuela Jellinek (September 16, 1889 – February 23, 1929) was the daughter of Austrian automobile entrepreneur Emil Jellinek and his wife Rachel Goggmann Cenrobert. She was born in Vienna. She is best known for her father having Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft's line of Mercedes cars named after her, beginning with the Mercedes 35 HP model of 1901. Also, at the 1902 Paris Automobile exhibition, her father hung a large picture of her. He even legally changed his name to Jellinek-Mercedes in 1903 after Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft registered Mercedes as a trademark in 1902. Her name is a Spanish Christian name meaning mercy.
Mercédès lived in Vienna, and had two failed marriages. She had a magnificent wedding in 1909 in Nice, on the Côte d'Azur, with Baron von Schlosser. The couple lived in Vienna until World War I, which ruined them. They had two children; Elfriede (b. 1912) and Hans-Peter (b. 1916). In 1918, Mercédès was begging for food in the streets. A little later, leaving her husband and two children, she married Baron Rudolf von Weigl, a talented but poor sculptor. She played music and had a good soprano voice, but never shared her father's passion for automobiles. She died in Vienna from bone cancer in 1929, at the age of 39, and was buried in Vienna in the family grave near her grandfather, the former chief rabbi of Vienna, Adolf Jellinek.
- "Parting Shot". The Automobile. 30 (7): 98. September 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-05-18. Retrieved 2015-05-06.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Koradia, Jay (March 1, 2012). "Know the Brand". India Business Journal.
- Krebs, Michelle (2001-10-19). "Her Name Still Rings A Bell". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- 1948-, Adler, Dennis, (2008). Mercedes-Benz. Minneapolis, MN: Motorbooks. p. 33. ISBN 9780760333723. OCLC 209630111.
- Claude Wainstain, "une Mercedes en or", La Terre Retrouvée, Paris, May 1984
- Green, David B. (2013-09-16). "This Day in Jewish History 1889: A Luxury Car's Namesake Is Born". Haaretz. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- Mercedes-Benz profile of Mercedes Jellinek
- Automobilmuseum Dr. Carl Benz, Ladenburg: Meilensteine
- Büssing: Ein kleines Mädchen wird weltberühmt, Private Homepage on fortunecity.com