Eury at the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention in September 2019
Adventures of the Mask
Michael "Mike" Eury is an editor and writer of comic books, and of reference works pertaining to comic books and their history. He has worked for DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics and Comico Comics, and is the editor of Back Issue!. He is also an advisor for the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide.
Eury's first published work was a review in the Fantagraphics magazine Amazing Heroes in 1986. In 1988, he joined the staff of Comico Comics, where he remained until 1989, at which point he moved to DC Comics.
At DC, he began as an editor, and within eight months was Dick Giordano's assistant. In 1992, he resigned from DC due to interpersonal conflicts, which he attributes largely to his then-undiagnosed hearing difficulties. In 1993, he began work at Dark Horse Comics as an editor, but left in 1995 for the same reasons.
In 2002, Eury began work for TwoMorrows Publishing, writing Captain Action: The Original Super-Hero Action Figure, a guidebook to the character Captain Action. This led to his becoming the founder and editor of Back Issue!, and to his creation of several more reference works for TwoMorrows, including the Krypton Companion and the Justice League Companion.
- Eury, Michael (Spring 2007). "From My Lips to Your Ears: Editorial" (PDF). Hear It Is! Oregon. Hearing Loss Association of Oregon. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 21, 2008. Retrieved January 21, 2012.
- Author Information at Visible Ink Press; retrieved 1/21/2012
- Back Issue's Michael Eury Joins Overstreet Advisors, at Gemstone Publishing, posted 9/18/2004, retrieved 1/21/2012
- Eury reflects on award, advocacy for hearing loss Archived 2013-01-26 at Archive.today, from the Independent Tribune; by Jessica Groover; posted June 26, 2011; retrieved January 21, 2012
- Interview with Eury at Fortress of Baileytude (mp3 format)
- Dick Giordano: Changing Comics, One Day at a Time by Eury and Dick Giordano, from TwoMorrows Publishing, 2003, p. 5 (via Google Books)
- How My Hearing Loss Made Me a Superhero!, by Michael Eury, published in Hearing Loss magazine, September/October 2011; retrieved January 21, 2012
Media related to Michael Eury at Wikimedia Commons