Michael L. Marin
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Michael L. Marin is an American vascular surgeon, the first in the United States to perform minimally invasive aortic aneurysm surgery (stent graft procedure) together with Drs. Frank Veith, Juan C. Parodi and Claudio J. Schonholz. He is considered a pioneer in the field of endovascular repairs of the aorta.
Marin is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City, the author of 60 chapters and has been published in over 180 peer-reviewed medical journals.
Marin joined the staff of Mount Sinai Medical Center in 1996, when he was recruited from the Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine to found a program in endovascular surgery at Mount Sinai.
In 2001 he was named the Chief of Vascular Surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- 2001 Saul Horowitz, Jr., Memorial Award, Mount Sinai Hospital
- 1999 4th Dardik Education and Research Award
- 1992 President's Award, Peripheral Vascular Surgery Society
- 1989 The Liebig Foundation Award, Society for Vascular Surgery
- 1988 Blakemore Surgical Research Prize, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
- 1984 Basic Science Achievement Award, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- 1983 Rorer Science Award, American College of Gastroenterology
- 1983 Research Prize, National Institutes of Health
Publications have focused on intimal hyperplasia, endovascular surgery and surgical techniques. Partial list:
- Endovascular repair of a traumatic arteriovenous fistula 34 years after the injury: report of a case. Donald T Baril, Paula I Denoya, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Michael L Marin, Surg Today. 2007 ;37 (1):78-81 17186353 (P,S,E,B,D) PMID 17186353
- Endovascular Stent-Graft Repair of Failed Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair. Donald T Baril, Daniel Silverberg, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Tikva S Jacobs, Ulka Sachdev, Victoria J Teodorescu, Robert A Lookstein, Michael L Marin, Ann Vasc Surg. 2007 Dec 14; : 18083340 (P,S,E,B,D) PMID 18083340
- Endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair: emerging developments and anesthetic considerations. Donald T Baril, Ronald A Kahn, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Michael L Marin, J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2007 Oct ;21 (5):730-42 17905287 (P,S,E,B,D) PMID 17905287
- Safety and Efficacy of High Dose Adenosine–induced A Systole During Endovascular AAA Repair. Khan RA, Moskowitz DM, Marin ML, Hollier LH, Parsons R, Teodorescu V, McLaughlin MA, J Endovasc Ther 2000; 7:292-296. PMID 10958293
- Management of aneurysms involving branches of the celiac and superior mesenteric arteries: A comparison of surgical and endovascular therapy. Ulka Sachdev, Donald T Baril, Sharif H Ellozy, Robert A Lookstein, Daniel Silverberg, Tikva S Jacobs, Alfio Carroccio, Victoria J Teodorescu, Michael L Marin, J Vasc Surg. 2006 Oct ;44 (4):718-24 17011997 (P,S,E,B,D) PMID 17011997
- An 8-year experience with type II endoleaks: Natural history suggests selective intervention is a safe approach. Daniel Silverberg, Donald T Baril, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Savannah E Greyrose, Robert A Lookstein, Michael L Marin, J Vasc Surg. 2006 Sep ;44 (3):453-459 16950415 (P,S,E,B) PMID 16950415
- Evolving strategies for the treatment of aortoenteric fistulas. Donald T Baril, Alfio Carroccio, Sharif H Ellozy, Eugene Palchik, Ulka Sachdev, Tikva S Jacobs, Michael L Marin, J Vasc Surg. 2006 Aug ;44 (2):250-7 16890849 (P,S,E,B) PMID 16890849
- Experience with endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in nonagenarians. Donald T Baril, Eugene Palchik, Alfio Carroccio, Jeffrey W Olin, Sharif H Ellozy, Tikva S Jacobs, Marc M Ponzio, Victoria J Teodorescu, Michael L Marin, J Endovasc Ther. ;13 (3):330-7 16784320 (P,S,E,B) PMID 16784320
- Branched endografts for treatment of complex aortic aneurysms. Donald T Baril, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Michael L Marin, Surg Technol Int. 2005 ;14 :245-52 16525980 (P,S,E,B) PMID 16525980
- Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Daniel Silverberg, Donald T Baril, Jacob Schneiderman, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Victoria Teodorescu, Michael L Marin, Harefuah. 2006 Feb ;145 (2):127-30, 165 16509418 (P,S,E,B) PMID 16509418
- Endovascular therapy for aortic disease. Michael D Addis, Donald T Baril, Sharif H Ellozy, Tikva Jakobs, Alfio Carroccio, Victoria Teodorescu, Michael L Marin, Surg Technol Int. 2004 ;13 :221-6 15744694 (P,S,E,B) PMID 15744694
- Endovascular repair of an infected carotid artery pseudoaneurysm. Donald T Baril, Sharif H Ellozy, Alfio Carroccio, Aman B Patel, Robert A Lookstein, Michael L Marin, J Vasc Surg. 2004 Nov ;40 (5):1024-7 15557920 (P,S,E,B) PMID 15557920