||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
November 7, 1964 |
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Other names||Mike Papajohn|
Michael Papajohn (born November 7, 1964) is an American actor, stuntman and former college baseball player for the LSU Tigers baseball team. He plays Dennis Carradine in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy.
Papajohn was born and raised Vestavia Hills, a suburb of Birmingham, Alabama, to a Greek American family. He graduated from Vesta Via Hills High School in 1983 and went on to play for two years at Gulf Coast Community College in Panama City, Florida. He was drafted by the Texas Rangers in the 1985 Major League Baseball Draft. Instead of signing a contract, he accepted a baseball scholarship to Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Nicknamed Poppy, Papajohn was an outfielder for Skip Bertman's LSU Tigers. He was a member of the 1986 SEC Baseball Tournament All-Tournament Team and he, along with teammates Mark Guthrie, Joey Belle, Jeff Reboulet, Jeff Yurtin, Jack Voigt and Barry Manuel, among others, helped LSU make its first College World Series appearance in 1986. Papajohn helped lay the foundation for success at LSU, as future LSU teams would go on to win six national championship from 1991-2000, 2009.
Papajohn got his start in acting while he was a student at Louisiana State University. Already an athlete, he was hired to be a stunt performer in the film Everybody's All-American which was being filmed on the campus of LSU and featured football action sequences filmed during LSU football games in Tiger Stadium. From there he moved on to being a stunt performer in films such as Money Talks and Starship Troopers and acting in films like Predator 2, For Love of the Game, where he plays New York Yankees slugger Sam Tuttle, and Spider-Man and Spider-Man 3, in which he plays Dennis Carradine, the thief that was thought to have killed Uncle Ben; Papajohn also makes a cameo appearance as a different character in the film series' reboot, The Amazing Spider-Man. He has also starred in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Terminator Salvation, Land of the Lost, and G-Force in 2009.
- Everybody's All-American (1988)
- Predator 2 (1990) as Subway Gang
- The Last Boy Scout (1991) as Hitman
- The Babe (1992) as Heckler
- Mr. Baseball (1992) as Rick
- Little Big League (1994) as Tucker Kain
- Dominion (1995) as John
- The Indian in the Cupboard (1995) as Cardassian
- Wild Bill (1995) as Extra (uncredited)
- Naked Souls (1996) as Driver
- Eraser (1996) as WitSec Agent Schiffer
- Spawn (1997) as Glen, Zack's Dad
- My Giant (1998) as Tough Guy #1
- The Waterboy (1998)
- Inferno (1999) as Creep
- For Love of the Game (1999) as Sam Tuttle
- Charlie's Angels (2000) as Bathroom Thug
- The Patriot of America (2000) - Payne (voice)
- The Animal (2001) as Patrolman Brady
- Rustin (2001) as Trent Cotee
- Whacked (2002) as Shannon
- Spider-Man (2002) as Carjacker
- The Hot Chick (2002) as Security Guard
- A Man Apart (2003) as Uniformed Cop (uncredited)
- Hulk (2003) as Technician
- Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) as Paramedic #1
- Swat (2003) as Bistro Gangster #3
- House of Sand and Fog (2003) as Carpenter
- The Last Shot (2004) as Ed Rossi, Jr.
- The Longest Yard (2005) as Guard Papajohn
- Domino (2005) as Cigliutti Goon (uncredited)
- Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector (2006) as Diner Manager
- How to Go Out on a Date in Queens (2006) as Man at Table
- Spider-Man 3 (2007) as Dennis Carradine / Carjacker
- Delta Farce (2007) as Bill's Neighbor
- Live Free or Die Hard (2007) as Gabriel's Henchman (uncredited)
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007) as Jacob K. / Joseph K.
- Superhero Movie (2008) as "Gimme your wallet"
- Yes Man (2008) as Security Guard (uncredited)
- Terminator Salvation (2009) as Carnahan
- Land of the Lost (2009) as Astronaut (uncredited)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009) as Colin Banes
- G-Force (2009) as FBI Techie
- Jonah Hex (2010) as Saber Guard
- Drive Angry (2011) as Tattooed Guy
- The Hit List (2011) as Special Agent Drake Ford
- This Means War (2012) as German Goon
- For the Love of Money (2012) as Little Guy
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) as Alfie (uncredited)
- The Dark Knight Rises (2012) as Prison Guard (uncredited)
- The Bourne Legacy (2012) as Larry
- Gangster Squad (2012) as Mike 'The Flea'
- Pawn Shop Chronicles (2013) as Spectator #1
- Escape Plan (2013) as Prisoner Beaten By Breslin
- Homefront (2013) as Hitman #4
- Banshee (2013-2015) as Bald Thug / Munson
- Devil's Due (2014) as Officer Miska
- Rage (2014) as Vory
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) as Cannon-Gunner
- Get on Up (2014) as 1949 Cop
- Nightcrawler (2014) as Security Guard
- Selma (2014) as Major John Cloud
- Wild Card (2015) as Pit Boss
- Jurassic World (2015) as InGen Contractor
- American Ultra (2015) as Otis
- Nocturna (2015) as Lonny
- My Many Sons (2016) as Pete's Dad
- Cold Moon (2016) as Ed Gieger
- Ozark Sharks (2016) as Rick
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016) as DC Policeman at Restaurant
- Live by Night (2016) as Maso's Crew (uncredited)
- Reborn (2017) as Dyson
- Vengeance: A Love Story (2017) as JJ Breen
- "Michael Papajohn interview: ‘I’m so proud to be Greek.’". Efimerida NY – GR Press – Greek Radio-TV New York. October 18, 2015. Retrieved August 18, 2017.