Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin
|Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin|
|Years active||1976 – present|
|Associated acts||Nóirín Ní Riain, size2shoes|
Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin is an Irish musician, composer, academic and educationalist. As a pianist, composer, recording artist and academic, he holds the Professorship of Music at the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance which he founded at the University of Limerick. His sons are known as Irish pop group size2shoes and his former wife is Irish chant singer Nóirín Ní Riain, with whom he has collaborated. He was awarded an honorary D.Mus from the National University of Ireland at his alma mater University College Cork in 2004. He has recorded extensively with the Irish Chamber Orchestra.
- Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin, 1976 (1990), Gael-Linn.
- Oró Damhnaigh, 1976, Gael Linn cCy of the Mountain, 1982 (2012) Gael Linn
- The Dolphin’s Way, 1987, Virgin Records Ltd.
- Oilean/Island (1989)
- Enlightenment with Van Morrison (1990)
- Casadh/Turning (1991)
- Gaiseadh/Flowing (1992)
- Between Worlds (1995)
- Lumen (1995)
- Becoming (1998)
- Templum (2001)
- Irish Destiny (DVD 2004) Elver Gleams (2010)
- "Professor Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin (Founding Director & Chair of Music) | Irish World Academy of Music and Dance". www.irishworldacademy.ie. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Mícheál Ó Súilleabháin". Discogs. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
|This article about an Irish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a keyboardist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|