Mayor of Shawinigan
Angers became a candidate for Mayor of Shawinigan in May 2009. He did not run as part of a ticket and expressed the desire to work with whoever the voters would send to city hall. His campaign used the Internet, as the other candidates did. Angers pledged to help creating jobs and proposed the replacement of slums with newer housing or businesses. His opponents accused him of being politically to close to incumbent Lise Landry who supported him.
Picking up key endorsements from local politicians such as Mayor André Garant of Saint-Élie-de-Caxton and former city councillor Maurice Héroux, Angers won the election with 55% of the vote against former PQ provincial cabinet member Yves Duhaime (29%) and Ralliement Municipal candidate Claude Villemure (16%).
- Guy Veillette, Michel Angers veut «dire la vérité aux gens», Le Nouvelliste, November 3, 2009
- La CSN demande des engagements clairs, Martin Sylvestre, L'Hebdo Journal, October 1, 2008
- Au tour de Michel Angers de se lancer, Guy Veillette, Le Nouvelliste, May 6, 2009
- Andrée-Anne Trudel & Jonathan Roberge , Les candidats sont actifs sur le web , L'Hebdo du St-Maurice, October 27, 2009
- Lise Landry se range derrière Angers, Guy Veillette, Le Nouvelliste, October 30, 2009
- Bernard Lepage, Un premier grand rassemblement dans la campagne, L'Hebdo du St-Maurice, October 7, 2009
|Mayors of Shawinigan
|This article about a mayor in Quebec is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|