|Born||April 14, 1964|
|Spouse(s)||Alexandra Vorbeck (m.1988–2012)|
Laura Kaeppeler (m. 2014–2019)
He is the creator, producer and writer of The Bachelor, The WB's Superstar USA, The Bachelorette, The Will and High School Reunion. His first reality TV romance show was Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire? He was also the producer of the 2003 remake The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and its 2006 prequel The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning and the films Hostel (2005), Hostel: Part II (2007), and Hostel: Part III (2011).
His 24-year marriage to his high school sweetheart, Alexandra Vorbeck, ended in 2012.
He married former Miss America, Laura Kaeppeler, in April 2014. The couple's son, Benjamin, was born in May 2015. On July 10, 2019, Fleiss filed for divorce from Kaeppeler, citing irreconcilable differences.
In November 2014, Fleiss was criminally charged for harassing Baywatch star David Charvet and his wife, actress Brooke Burke; the case was eventually dismissed. In July 2019, Fleiss' then-wife Laura Kaeppeler alleged that he physically assaulted her while she was pregnant after he "demanded she get an abortion", prompting the Kauai Police Department to lead a criminal investigation. Two weeks later, Kaeppeler dropped the assault charges and received a $10-million settlement.
- Youn, Soo (November 20, 2014). "'Bachelor' Creator Charged in Malibu Dispute with David Charvet, Brooke Burke". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Rizzo, Monica (April 9, 2014). "Mike Fleiss Marries Laura Kaeppeler". People.
- Brownfield, Paul (November 20, 2002). "TV's big noisemaker — and proud of it". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on November 22, 2002. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
...Fleiss, who is 38....
- "The Bachelor's Mike Fleiss on Coming up Roses", Business Week, January 13, 2009.
- Stone, Natalie (July 10, 2019). "The Bachelor creator Mike Fleiss files for divorce from wife of 5 years". Entertainment Weekly.
- Hearon, Sarah. "'The Bachelor' Creator Mike Fleiss' Estranged Wife Laura Requests Custody of Their Son After Accusing Him of Domestic Violence". People.com. People Magazine. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
- James, Meg (July 31, 2019). "'Bachelor' creator Mike Fleiss' divorce is final; ex-wife drops assault allegations". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 August 2019.
|This article about an American writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|