|Birth name||Michael V. Lane|
January 6, 1933|
Washington D.C., U.S.
June 1, 2015 (aged 82)|
Palmdale, California, U.S.
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Tarzan Mike|
|Billed height||6 ft 8 in (203 cm)|
|Billed weight||275 lb (125 kg)|
Lane's formidable size (height 6'8" or 2.03 m, weight 275 lbs or 125 kg) led him to work in the King Bros. Circus boxing tent and wrestling tent where he would take on all comers. He also wrestled professionally under the name "Tarzan Mike" in 1952–1959.
Lane made numerous television appearances including a regular role as Frank N. Stein in Monster Squad.
On November 25, 1958, in the episode "The Hunted" of the ABC/Warner Brothers western series Sugarfoot, starring Will Hutchins in the title role, Lane plays a former soldier, John Allman, who has become mentally unbalanced as a result of the terror of an Apache attack on his United States Army unit. Despite the efforts of a sympathetic Sugarfoot, Allman engages in bank robbery and murder and is tracked down by an impatient posse led by Clay Calhoun (R.G. Armstrong). Francis De Sales appears as Major Sterling in the episode, which is based on a story in True West Magazine.
- The Harder They Fall (1956) as Toro Moreno
- Hell Canyon Outlaws (1957) as Henchman Nels
- Maverick 1st season "Stampede" episode (1957–1959) as fighter Noah Perkins
- Frankenstein 1970 (1958) as the Monster
- Who Was That Lady? (1960) as Glinka
- Valley of the Dragons (1961) as Anoka
- Ulysses Against the Son of Hercules (1962) as Hercules / The Son of Hercules
- The Way West (1967) as Sioux Chief
- Stay Away, Joe (1968) as Frank Hawk
- The New Centurions (1972) as Lumberjack
- The No Mercy Man (1973) as Big Jack
- A Name for Evil (1973) as Fats
- Gone with the West (1975) as Shark
- The Master Gunfighter (1975) as Frewen
- Zebra Force (1976) as Carmine Longo
- Stryker (1983) as Kardis
- Code Name: Zebra (1987) as Carmine Longo
- Grotesque (1988) as Frank N. Stein
- Curse of the Crystal Eye (1991) as Hashim
- Demon Keeper (1994) as Asmodeus (final film role)
•Cheyenne "Decision at Gunsight" S2/Ep17 (1957) as Chuck Welch
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mike Lane.|
- Lowrie, Katharine. "MICHAEL V. LANE". theprecis.com. Retrieved 8 April 2017.
- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0485485/bio. Missing or empty
- Mike Lane. wrestlingdata.com
- "'Harder They Fall' Opens; Prizefight Film Stars Bogart and Steiger Schulberg Novel Made Into Stinging Movie". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- LIFE. Time Inc. 16 April 1956. pp. 103–. ISSN 0024-3019.
- ""The Hunted", Sugarfoot, November 25, 1958". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved December 13, 2013.