|Born||Michael Michael Lane
January 6, 1933
Washington D.C., United States
Lane's formidable height of 6'8"/ 2.03200 meters and 275 lbs/125 kg led him to work in the King Bros. Circus boxing tent and wrestling tent where he would take on all comers. He also wrestled professionally under the name "Tarzan Mike" from 1952-1959.
Lane made numerous television appearances including a regular role as Frank N. Stein in The Monster Squad.
On November 25, 1958, in the episode "The Hunted" of the ABC/Warner Brothers western series Sugarfoot, starring Will Hutchins in the title role, Lane plays a former soldier, John Allman, who has become mentally unbalanced as a result of the terror of an Apache attack on his United States Army unit. Despite the efforts of a sympathetic Sugarfoot, Allman engages in bank robbery and murder and is tracked down by an impatient posse led by Clay Calhoun (R.G. Armstrong). Francis De Sales appears as Major Sterling in the episode, which is based on a story in True West Magazine.
- The Harder They Fall (1956) as Toro
- Frankenstein 1970 (1958) as the Monster
- Who Was That Lady? (1960) as Glinka
- Ulysses Against the Son of Hercules (1962) as Hercules/The Son of Hercules
- A Name for Evil (1973) as Fats
- The No Mercy Man (1973) as Big Jack
- The Master Gunfighter (1975) as Frewen
- Zebra Force (1976) and Code Name: Zebra (1987) as Carmine Longo
- Grotesque (1988) as Frank N. Stein
- Demon Keeper (1994) as Asmodeus
- Maverick 1st season as fighter Noah Perkins
- "'Harder They Fall' Opens; Prizefight Film Stars Bogart and Steiger Schulberg Novel Made Into Stinging Movie". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- Books.google.com.au. Books.google.com.au.
- ""The Hunted", Sugarfoot, November 25, 1958". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved December 13, 2013.