Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium
|Former names||Seminole Stadium (1983-1988)
Dick Howser Stadium (1988-2005)
|Location||Chieftan Way, Tallahassee, Florida, United States|
|Owner||Florida State University|
|Operator||Florida State Athletics|
|Field size||Left Field - 340 ft
Center Field - 400 ft
Right Field - 320 ft
Right Field Fence - 30 ft
|Opened||March 28, 1983|
|Construction cost||$14 million (including renovation)|
|Florida State Seminoles baseball (NCAA)|
Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium is a baseball venue located in Tallahassee, Florida, United States, located adjacent to Doak Campbell Stadium on the campus of Florida State University. It is the home field of the Florida State Seminoles baseball team of the NCAA Division I Atlantic Coast Conference. It opened in 1983 and was renovated in 2004. The two-year, $12 million renovation project expanded the seating capacity to 6,700.
In 1988, the stadium portion of the venue was named after Florida State's first baseball All-American, Dick Howser, also a former head baseball coach of the program. In 2005, the field itself was dedicated to current Florida State head coach Mike Martin.
The stadium annually ranks among the top 10 nationally in attendance and set records in 2003 for total and average attendance.
In 2012, college baseball writer Eric Sorenson ranked the facility as the third best big game atmosphere in Division I baseball.
The single-game attendance record of 6,789 spectators was set on April 19, 2008, when Florida State defeated then-No. 1 Miami 9-5. During the week of April 14–20, 2008, 30,179 fans watched Florida State play a total of five games against intrastate competition, the (Florida Gators, North Florida Ospreys, and Miami Hurricanes). The series record is 19,062, set in that week's Miami series.
Top 10 single-game attendances
The following is a list of the ten highest single-game attendance figures in the venue's history, as of the 2015 season.
|1.||Miami||April 19, 2008||6,789|
|2.||Miami||April 18, 2008||6,756|
|3.||Florida||April 15, 2008||6,737|
|4.||Florida||April 10, 2012||6,730|
|5.||Florida||April 9, 2013||6,719|
|6.||Miami||April 15, 2006||6,715|
|7.||Miami||April 14, 2006||6,700|
|8.||Florida||April 14, 2015||6,634|
|9.||Miami||March 1, 2014||6,593|
|10.||Florida||April 18, 2007||6,574|
- "Dick Howser Stadium". Seminoles.com. Archived from the original on 2012-05-15. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "NCAA Tournament Results". CSTV. pp. 160–62. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-15. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- Cutler, Tami (June 11, 2013). "2013 Division I Baseball Attendance - Final Report". Sportswriters.net. NCBWA. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 20, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- Sorenson, Eric (5 October 2012). "Distiller's Dozen - The "Hey, Nice Stadium" Edition". CollegeBaseballToday.com. Archived from the original on 14 December 2012. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium". 2012 Florida State Baseball Almanac. p. 6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-15. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mike Martin Field at Dick Howser Stadium.|