|Birth name||Michael Ross Wax|
|Origin||Syosset, New York, United States|
|Genres||Pop rock, acoustic, indie|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, guitar|
|Labels||Toucan Cove (2014–2016)|
Mikey Wax is an American pianist, guitarist and singer-songwriter, most recognized for his single "You Lift Me Up" featured in the season 10 promo commercial of Keeping Up With The Kardashians on E! Entertainment. "You Lift Me Up" has also been featured during NBA games on FOX Sports, and has over eight million Spotify streams and two million YouTube views.
His debut single "In Case I Go Again" released independently and was featured on CBS Ghost Whisperer, Pretty Little Liars, NBC 2012 Summer Olympics, Odd Mom Out, and the homepage of YouTube as part of their "Music Tuesday" spotlight receiving 500,000 views.
Wax has toured in the U.S. with Parachute, Andy Grammer, Jason Mraz, Jon McLaughlin, Matt Wertz, Rachel Platten, Howie Day, Tyler Ward, Ryan Cabrera, Tyler Hilton and Tony Lucca, among others. Mikey has been known to play the piano and guitar simultaneously. Wax also got his start performing in his fans living rooms across the country. He has played over 200 house concerts.
Mikey's 2011 independent album Constant Motion ranked at #6 on the iTunes singer/songwriter chart, and #47 on Billboard Heatseekers chart. The single "Counting on You" received radio airplay on major adult top 40 (Hot-AC) stations, and debuted on the Mediabase adult top 40 radio chart on April 9, 2012. Mikey was selected by New Music Seminar as an "Artist on the Verge" and also featured by iHeartRadio as an "Artist To Watch". "Counting on You" was used as the elimination montage song on 5 episodes of FOX's So You Think You Can Dance (Season 9). The song was also featured in the movie trailer for the major motion picture Playing For Keeps. This got him picked up in USA Today and on Young Hollywood. "Counting on You" was selected as a finalist in the International Songwriting Competition (ISC), and as a finalist in the second annual Guitar Center unsigned singer/songwriter contest.
Mikey's original holiday song "And A Happy New Year" receives radio airplay annually on SiriusXM Holly, and was featured on ABC Family's Switched at Birth and the WWE Studios film Santa's Little Helper. Shockya.com says Wax "makes holiday music "the cool thing to listen to"." His holiday originals "Perfect Holiday" and "Catch The Midnight Flight" are featured in the film A Dogwalker's Christmas Tale, which aired on Up (TV network).
In 2013, Mikey's song "For Better Or Worse" was featured on the Lifetime (TV network) show Dance Moms, and his song "So Crazy" premiered in a promo commercial for Brazilian TV network GNT. His 2014 single "You Lift Me Up" debuted on the iTunes US Top 200 Pop Chart and was featured by iTunes as "Ahead of the Curve". The dance remix of the song, produced by EDM duo Live City, premiered on BPM (Sirius XM), and has attained six million streams on Spotify. The lyric video for the original mix has received two million YouTube views. "You Lift Me Up" has been placed on MTV's The Real World and The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II. "You Lift Me Up" was also featured in the season 10 promo commercial of Keeping Up With The Kardashians on E! Entertainment, and in all FOX Sports NBA games throughout the second half of the 2015 season. YouTuber Devin Graham (DevinSupertramp) released a cliff-jumping video featuring "You Lift Me Up" which has 5 million views. "You Lift Me Up" was co-written by Mikey and his brother Jonathan Wax. Mikey was a featured artist on mobile music app smule, and was named by American Airlines as their Artist Of The Month. Mikey's song "Drive On" was written and recorded for the film The Road Within. RantLifestyle Magazine listed Mikey as 1 of "15 Musicians You’ve Never Heard Of Who Deserve A Grammy", saying that Wax is a "piano prodigy" who writes "inspirational and lyrical" music and has "even managed to turn into a social media phenomenon." Mikey's 2015 single "Only One" received 100 spins on The Pulse (Sirius XM).
Mikey premiered his new single "Love Always Wins (#LoveWins)", inspired by marriage equality, exclusively on RyanSeacrest.com in July 2015. The Huffington Post later announced that the song would be featured in the promo commercial for E! Entertainment's highly anticipated docu-series I Am Cait. SoundHound also featured the song on the app homepage. Mikey performed live on the AOL Build Series on September 11, 2015. Mikey's song "Walking On Air" was featured on MTV's Finding Carter in November 2015. Mikey's song "Take Me Home" was featured in a United Airlines commercial in the United Kingdom in December 2015. "Alive in New York City" was featured on CBS Angel From Hell in January 2016. "You Lift Me Up" was featured in the Final Four on TBS for the 2015–16 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. On September 2, 2016, Mikey released his new single "Helium." The song was then featured in an ABC TV commercial promoting the new ABC app, and in a new Devin Graham (DevinSupertramp) YouTube video accumulating 400,000 views. Helium has also received 30 spins on The Pulse (Sirius XM) TrainTracks, and was featured in the new Hollister Co. online commercial. On June 9, 2017, Mikey released his new single "Never Letting You Go," which was featured in a montage on the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance on June 12, and received 12 spins on The Pulse (Sirius XM). On October 26, 2017, Mikey released his new electronic pop single Spaceman, produced by Stash Konig. The song was featured in a Nike, Inc Swim ad, which was seen on the homepage of NikeSwim.com. On June 15, 2018, Wax released the single 'Big Little Life', which was placed on Spotify's New Music Friday in eight countries. In an interview with AllAccess, it was announced the song would be featured on the season finale of Born This Way (TV series). On June 21, 2019, Mikey released his single "Do You Believe Me." The song has one million views on YouTube, and was featured on two episodes of MTV Teen Mom. On August 16, new artist MIDLO released his debut single "Emotional," co-written by Mikey Wax. Mikey also co-wrote "Before You Do It Again" and "Bring You Back" with new artist LIIV, which has since appeared on Siren (TV series), For the People (2018 TV series), and The Resident (TV series).
- Mikey Wax "In Case I Go Again" Featured On Ghost Whisperer
- Mraz to headline Hawaii Songwriting Fest concert
- Mikey Wax Featured On USAToday.com, September 5th 2012
- Mikey Wax Featured On YoungHollywood.com, December 6th 2012
- Gerace, Adam. "Mikey Wax Interview with Adam Gerace". AdamGerace.com. Retrieved June 8, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Mikey Wax Featured On Shockya.com
- Mikey Wax "So Crazy" In GNT Promo Commercial♙
- 'Skope Magazine Chats with Jonathan Wax of 4×4 Artist Management'
- RantLifestyle '15 Musicians You've Never Heard Of Who Deserve A Grammy'
- Aaron Rodgers Attends Mikey Wax Show At Hotel Cafe July 1, 2014
- Mikey Wax Celebrates Marriage Equality With Uplifting Single Love Always Wins'
- Meet Mikey Wax, The Singer-Songwriter Behind The I Am Cait Promo Song'
- Mikey Wax Thrilled By Response To Uplifting Single 'Helium'
- Don't Wait For Spring Break featuring Helium by Mikey Wax'
- Never Letting You Go on So You Think You Can Dance'
- Escape to Water: Nike Swim 2018 Performance Collection.'
- Mikey Wax Celebrates Simplicity With "Big Little Life" (premiere)'
- An Interview With The Rising LA-Based Singer-Songwriter, MIKEY WAX On His Newest Single ‘Big Little Life’ And More!
- Mikey Wax - Do You Believe Me (Lyric Video) on Shadow Music
- Music From Teen Mom OG: Season 8, Episode 7
- PREMIERE | MIDLO Releases ‘Emotional,’ Feat. Renata Baiocco
- "Gold Brother & Liiv TV & Film Sync Placements". Archived from the original on August 23, 2019. Retrieved August 23, 2019.
- Gold Brother and LIIV share the atmospheric ‘Bring You Back’
- Mikey Wax Official Website