Mili (2015 film)
|Directed by||Rajesh Pillai|
Satish B. Satish
|Written by||Mahesh Narayan|
|Cinematography||Anish Lal R.S.|
|Edited by||B. Abhilash|
|Distributed by||Golden Eye Movies|
|Budget||₹4.75 crore (US$690,000)|
|Box office||₹5.35 crore (US$780,000)|
Mili is a 2015 Malayalam drama film directed by Rajesh Pillai. Described as a "heroine-centric motivational film," Mili has Amala Paul in the title role along with Nivin Pauly as male lead. The film, produced by Dr. Avinash Unnithan and Sathish B. Sathish under Ordinary Films, marks the debut of editor Mahesh Narayanan as scriptwriter. The story revolves around an introvert girl who struggles hard to meet others' expectations. Shamna Kasim, Sanusha, Praveena, Sai Kumar and Amol Parashar appear in significant roles. The film started its shooting on 10 May 2014 at Trivandrum. The shooting of the film was completed on 9 November 2014. Mili released on 23 January 2015 to positive reviews.
Mili (Amala Paul) is an introvert who is very depressed. Her self-affectation and inferiority complex puts off everyone. Nobody likes her character but nobody attempts to help her either. She chooses to rise above the challenges and take back the reins of her life. Her transformation and learning to deal with her emotions, forms the crux of the movie. Nivin Pauly plays the role of Naveen, a soft-skills trainer who becomes a support for Mili.
- Amala Paul as Mili Nair
- Nivin Pauly as Naveen
- Sai Kumar as Mili's father
- Sanusha as Anupama
- Amol Parashar as Arun Iyyer
- Shamna Kasim as Renuka
- Idavela Babu
- Poojappura Radhakrishnan as Security staff
- Sanil Kumar as Association Member
- Santhosh K as Association Member
- Ashraf Pezhumoodu as Assication Member
- Premalal as School Principal
- Praveena as Nancy
- Ambika as Mercy
- Soumya as Mili's friend
- Sija Rose as Raji
- Swapna Menon as Mii's friend
- Riya Saira as Kalyani
- Vanitha Krishnachandran as Sudha
- Bindu Panicker as Mili's mother
- Sangeetha Mohan as Roopa
- Karthika Kannan as School Management Member
- Anju Aravind as Thara
- Anjali Aneesh Upasana as Anitha
- Devi Ajith as Hostel Warden
- Ranjini Menon as School teacher
- Master Neil Kaushik as Nikhil
- Baby Nandana Varma as Young Mili
- Baby Ammu
|Soundtrack album by Gopi Sunder|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Gopi Sunder chronology|
The music was composed by Gopi Sunder.
|Track #||Song||Singer(s)||Duration (min:sec)||Lyricist|
|1||"Kanmaniye (Female Version)"||Minmini||4:51||Hari Narayanan|
|2||"Mili Mili Mili (Female Version)"||Pavithra Menon||4:24||Hari Narayanan|
|3||"Engengo Engengo"||Gopi Sunder||5:03||Hari Narayanan|
|4||"Mili Mili Mili (Male Version)"||Gopi Sunder||4:24||Hari Narayanan|
|5||"Manjupeyume"||Najim Arshad, Mridula Warrier||3:42||Hari Narayanan|
|6||"Kanmaniye (Male Version)"||Gopi Sunder||3:26||Hari Narayanan|
|7||"Manpatha Neettunna"||Shaan Rahman||4:09||Hari Narayanan|
|8||"Mili Theme Song"||Gopi Sunder||2:00||Hari Narayanan|
The film was made at a budget of ₹4.75 crore (US$690,000) and sold its satellite rights for ₹2.95 crore (US$430,000). It completed 50 days' run in some releasing centres. The total distribution share was ₹2.40 crore (US$350,000) doing a business of ₹5.35 crore (US$780,000) considering theatrical gross and satellite rights. The film was one of the "profitable" Malayalam film in the first half of 2015.
- "Mili". Salt N'Pepper Media.com. Retrieved 29 October 2015.
- "Mili Picket 43 completes fifty". Indiaglitz.com. 19 March 2015. Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- G. Krishnakumar (5 April 2015). "Selfie clicks, becomes year's first super-hit". Retrieved 2 July 2015.
- Get ready for more Rajesh Pillai's magic Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Amala's deglam look in Mili Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Mili is a motivational film: Rajesh Pillai Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Nivin Pauly To Romance Amala Paul In Mili Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- (8 July 2014)Poorna share screen space with Amala Paul Deccan Chronicle
- (4 October 2014) Nivin Pauly's Mili Nearing Wrap-up Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Nicy V. P. (23 January 2015). "'Mili' Review Round Up: Amala Paul's Performance and Impressive Scripting Makes it Worth a Watch". IB Times. Retrieved 23 January 2015.
- Haricharan Puripeddi (30 June 2015). "Southern cinema in 2015: Content ruled over star power in first half". India TV. Retrieved 2 July 2015.