Minnesota State Highway 241
|Maintained by Mn/DOT|
|Length:||3.531 mi (5.683 km)|
|Existed:||July 1, 1949 – present|
|West end:||CSAH 19 in St. Michael|
|East end:||I-94 in St. Michael|
Minnesota State Highway 241 (MN 241) is a highway in Minnesota, which runs from its intersection with Wright County Road 19 (Main Street / La Beaux Avenue) and Wright County Road 35 in St. Michael and continues east to its eastern terminus at its interchange with Interstate 94 and Wright County Road 36 in St. Michael.
The route is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) in length.
Highway 241 is also known as Central Avenue E and 42nd Street NE in the city of St. Michael.
Highway 241 generally follows the Crow River throughout its route.
The Crow-Hassan Park Reserve is located south of the junction of Highway 241 and Naber Avenue (Territorial Road). The nearby park entrance is located across the Crow River on Sylvan Lake Road / Park Drive in Hanover.
The route is legally defined as Route 241 in the Minnesota Statutes.
Highway 241 was authorized on July 1, 1949. Part of the road follows part of the original alignment of Highway 152. The highway was not marked until the mid-1950s, when the new alignment of 152 (now Interstate 94) began construction around the north side of St. Michael.
Highway 241 was paved when it was marked.
Due to burgeoning commuter traffic between the Twin Cities and the northwest suburbs, Highway 241 was expanded in 2007 from two to four lanes and traffic lights were added at major intersections along the route.
The entire route is in Wright County.
|St. Michael||0.000||0.000||CSAH 19 (Main Street), CSAH 35 (Central Avenue) west|
|1.990||3.203||CSAH 22 (Naber Avenue)|
|I-94, CSAH 36 (45th Street NE) east||Interchange|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Chapter 663-H.F. No. 1792", Session Laws of Minnesota for 1949, Earl L. Berg, Commissioner of Administration, pp. 1177–1185
- "Trunk Highway Log Point Listing - Construction District 3" (PDF). Minnesota Department of Transportation. August 23, 2010. Retrieved December 27, 2010.
- Three Rivers Park District website for Crow-Hassan Park Reserve - Link
- "161.115, Additional Trunk Highways". Minnesota Statutes. Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. 2010. Retrieved December 27, 2010.
- 1954 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Cartography by The H.M. Gousha Company. Minnesota Department of Highways. January 1, 1954. § J15. Retrieved December 27, 2010.
- 1956 Official Road Map of Minnesota (Map). Cartography by The H.M. Gousha Company. Minnesota Department of Highways. 1956. § J13. Retrieved December 27, 2010.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation. "Traffic signal begins operation on Highway 241 in St. Michael.". Retrieved November 30, 2006.