Miss Teen USA 1993
|Miss Teen USA 1993|
|Date||August 10, 1993|
|Presenters||Dick Clark, Arthel Neville and Kelly Hu|
The pageant was hosted by Dick Clark for the fourth and final year, with color commentary by Arthel Neville and Miss Teen USA 1985 Kelly Hu for the final time. Music was provided by the Gulf Coast Teen Orchestra.
This was the fourth of five years that the pageant was held in Biloxi. Contestants arrived on 26 June and were involved in two weeks of events and preliminary competition prior to the final broadcast, such as pre-taping scenes along the Mississippi coast, and being involved in an autograph signing party.
|Miss Teen USA 1994|
The Miss Teen USA 1993 delegates were:
Following the 1992 event, local hoteliers signalled that they may no longer be able to furnish free accommodation for the contestants for the 1993 pageant. Although the Tourism Commission was contracted to host the pageant until 1994, they considered getting out of the contract because of the increased cost of paying for the rooms.
The pageant went ahead in Biloxi as planned, and it was estimated that the region benefitted by $1 million for hosting the event.
- "Foster Child wins Miss Teen title". Dayton Daily News. 1993-08-12. p. 2A.
- Grahnke, Lon (1993-08-10). "Dick Clark to Host `Miss Teen' Pageant". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Hancock, Tammie (1994-08-30). "Miss Teen USA Pageant leaves economic mark on coast". Coast Business.
- "Local teen competing for Miss Teen USA title". The Baton Rouge Advocate. 1993-08-10.
- Morehouse, Macon (1993-07-01). "Fayetteville teen captures crown at state pageant". Atlanta Journal and Constitution.
- Klise, Katie (1993-06-06). "Why do smart girls still enter pageants?". St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- "Two Pageants Crown Winners". The Omaha World-Herald. 1992-10-18. p. 9B.
- "Winner did give pageant a second thought". The Sunday Patriot-News Harrisburg. 1993-08-08.
- "Coast hotels seek pageant deal". The Baton Rouge Sunday Advocate. 1992-10-04.