The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Product Engineering Services (PES) and Defense Solutions|
|Founder||Anees Ahmed, Rajeev Ramachandra|
|Mujahid Alam (CEO) |
Anees Ahmed (President)
RajeevRamachandra(Chief Technology Officer)
|Services||Embedded Design Services and System Engineering|
Number of employees
|351+ (January 2015)|
Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is a privately held product design and systems engineering company with focus in the embedded domain. Founded in 1997, Mistral is headquartered in Bengaluru, India with regional offices in Delhi and Hyderabad. The company's US subsidiary, Mistral Solutions Inc., has its headquarters in Santa Clara, California with a regional office in Dallas, Texas. The company offers end-to-end services for embedded design and development in two domains: Product Engineering Services and Defense Solutions.
As of April 2018, Mistral has more than 350 employees providing services across industry verticals like defense and aerospace, wearables, consumer electronics, biometrics, semiconductor support, medical and assistive technology, wireless, automotive electronics, home automation, industrial automation, telecom & networking and homeland security.
The company was founded by co-founders Anees Ahmed and Rajeev Ramachandra. It started operations as a value-added reseller for Wind River real-time operating systems and other COTS products in India. The company also offered design services by providing reference designs on the Analog Devices platforms and worked on data acquisition and signal processing related defense projects for various DRDO laboratories in the country. It later expanded its operations to the global market with a dedicated hardware and software design services team catering to the embedded electronics and systems arena. In 2001, Mistral received a series A funding of 3.5 Million USD from eTec Ventures and established Mistral Software Inc. in USA. In 2004, Mistral entered into a strategic alliance with Curtiss-Wright Embedded Computing which is today Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions. It received its second round of funding in 2008 of USD 6.5 Million from Nexus Ventures Partners and JAFCO Asia. Both the companies exited in Nov 2017.
The company specializes in Board Design, FPGA Design, Firmware, Device Drivers and BSP (Board support packages) development, Middleware and Embedded application development, System Integration, Production Support and Product Lifecycle Management. The services offered range from front-end consulting and planning to developing, integrating and managing turnkey technology solutions.
In addition to services, they also work on Development Platforms, Reference designs, Evaluation Modules and Product on Modules. This includes TMDXEVM8148, AM/DM37x EVM, RTM-BOC, AM437x Product on Module (PoM) and Nano System on Modules (i.MX6 NanoSOM , 820 NanoSOM  and 60GHz mmWave Industrial RADAR Module ).
Mistral’s partners include Analog Devices, Texas Instruments, Xilinx, Qualcomm, ARM, Altera, Microsoft, Freescale Semiconductors, Wind River Systems, Curtiss-Wright Defense Solutions, RTI, Zetron, Rinicom, Amper and Esterel Technologies among others.
Awards and recognitions
- Mistral was the Winner of NASSCOM Innovation Award – 2007
- In 2007, Mistral won the title of "Global Services’ Top 5 Emerging Services Provider"
- In 2008, Mistral was the Winner of Red Herring Asia 100
- In 2009, Mistral featured in the NASSCOM’s "Top 50 IT Innovators" list
- In 2010, Mistral was featured in the FedEx IBL ‘International Business League’
- Mistral won the STPI Karnataka IT Exports Award in 2012
- In 2012, Mistral was among the Global Services 100 Provider
- In 2017, Mistral was awarded the DRDO Defense Technology Absorption Awards
- "Mistral appoints new CEO".
- "India's answer to Google Glass".
- "History of Mistral".
- "eTEC Ventures invests in Mistral".
- "Nexus Venture Partners, JAFCO Asia Invests in Mistral Solutions".
- "2012 Ace Awards Ultimate Products: Development kits, reference designs, and SBCs".
- "Smallest ever Linux-capable wireless i.MX6 module?".
- "Tiny Snapdragon 820 module offers Linux, Android 7.0, and 9-axis MEMs".
- "Mistral Launches 60 GHz Radar on Module with Antenna-on-Package (AoP) Technology".
- "Mistral joins TI's Design Network". Archived from the original on 19 January 2015.
- "NASSCOM Innovation Award". Archived from the original on 19 April 2015.
- "Global Services' Top 5 Emerging Services Provider".
- "Winner of Red Herring Asia 100".
- "FedEx International Business League".
- "STPI Karnataka IT Exports Award". Archived from the original on 23 May 2013.
- "Mistral Defense Technology Absorption Award".