Mohammad Mirmohammadi in 2018
|Member of the Expediency Discernment Council|
3 August 2018 – 2 March 2020
|Appointed by||Ali Khamenei|
|Chairman||Mahmoud Hashemi ShahroudiSadeq Larijani|
|Member of the Islamic Consultative Assembly6th and 7th terms|
2 June 2000 – 2 June 2008
Serving with Mohammad Reza Esmaeili Moghadamm
|Preceded by||Mohammad-Reza Ashtiani Araghi|
|Succeeded by||Ali Larijani|
|Vice President of IranSecretary General of the Administrative and Recruitment Affairs Organization|
1 February 1994 – 3 September 1998
|President||Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani|
|Preceded by||Mansour Razavi|
|Succeeded by||Mohammad Baqirian|
Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi
3 March 1949
|Died||2 March 2020 (aged 70)|
|Cause of death||COVID-19|
|Political party||Islamic Civilization Party|
|Islamic Republican Party|
|Father||Abul Fazel Mirmohammadi|
|Relatives||Mousa Shubairi Zanjani (uncle)|
Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi (Persian: سید محمد میرمحمدی; 3 March 1949 – 2 March 2020) was an Iranian politician who served as the senior adviser to Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, and a member of Expediency Discernment Council. He was the member of the 6th and 7th Iranian parliaments for Qom. Mohammad was a member of the central council of the Islamic Republic Party, presidential chief of staff during the presidencies of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, and secretary general of the Islamic Civilization Party.
Mohammad had been appointed by Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei as a member of the Expediency Discernment Council since August 2017.
Mohammad died from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) on 2 March 2020, on the eve of his 71st birthday, which makes him the highest-ranking official within Iran's leadership to be killed by the virus. His mother had also previously died of COVID-19.
- "نتایج انتخابات مجلس هفتم در قم اعلام شد". Iranian Students News Agency.
- "خاطرات دکتر علی لاریجانی - قسمت 24". Jamejam Online (in IR). 4 October 2004.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- "معاونان رئیسجمهوری منصوب شدند". Hamshahri. 1 September 1997.
- "Expediency Council member Mohammad Mirmohammadi dies". Tehran Times. 2 March 2020.
- IFP Editorial Staff (2 March 2020). "One More Iranian Official Dies of COVID-19". Iran Front Page.
- Bostock, Bill (3 March 2020). "A member of the inner circle of Iran's Supreme Leader died of the coronavirus, as the country records more deaths than anywhere outside China". Business Insider.
- Raymond, Adam K. (2 March 2020). "A Top Iranian Government Official Has Died of Coronavirus". Intelligencer.