Monody band logo, circa 2008 (used with permission)
|Origin||Portland, Oregon, United States|
Electronic body music
|Labels||[Remote Music / SONY MUSIC (GSA) http://www.remote-music.de/]|
|Members||David Battrick, Geoff Tripoli, Daniel Edgar|
Formed in 2006 in Portland, Oregon. In 2008, Monody released 4 debut singles entitled: 'Bound', 'Absent', 'Ceti Lullaby', and 'In Between'.
On January 24, 2008, Monody was featured in an Oregon Public Broadcasting segment  on the construction in Portland, Oregon. Daniel Edgar (member) was recognized for his use various construction sounds in a number of Monody songs. The song 'Beneath Andromeda' was featured in the segment.
- Geoff Tripoli – lead vocals, lyrics
- David Battrick – drums, electronic percussion
- Daniel Edgar – synths, composition, engineering, production
Geoff comes from a musical background somewhat unlike the Monody sound. He started with piano lessons as a child and on to the electric guitar as a teenager. He was a member of a couple rock bands over the years, but his true passion comes from building on his home studio and becoming a skilled engineer and producer of his own and other musicians projects. His ongoing side project, Entium, occasionally releases tracks that are on the electronica side of things. Geoff's vocal influences include artists like Dave Gahan, Jean-Luc De Meyer and Peter Murphy.
David has been a long-standing fixture in the Portland, Oregon music scene. He has been a past member of Monochrome, Written in Ashes, and Pharrah Phosphate. Notably, David spent 3 years studying percussion under the tutelage of Roger Allen (of the Portland Philharmonic fame).
Daniel spent much of his early days growing up in a small Oregon town tinkering with drums, various noisemaking electronics, synthesizers and samplers. From an early age, he was inspired by European synthpop, 80’s post-punk, and industrial music. Before Monody, Daniel spent time in several bands playing keyboards, bass, drums and most recently guitar.
- Bound (February, 2008)
- Ceti Lullaby (February, 2008)
- Absent (February, 2008)
- In Between (February, 2008)
- Thanks to You (September, 2008)
- The Crime (September, 2008)
- Disremembered (September, 2008)
- The Highest Cost (Monodized) by Son of Rust on re:Cycled (May, 2009)
- Über's Wasser Gehen (Monody Remix) by Obscenity Trial on Über's Wasser Gehen single (Special Edition) (July, 2009)