This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Cables, Adapters, HDMI Cable, Professional Audio, Computer Accessories, Home Theater|
Number of employees
|Parent||YFC-Boneagle Electric Co., Ltd.|
Monoprice is an American online retailer that sells generic-branded consumer electronics under its namesake private label, as well as name brand consumer electronics and outdoor equipment. The company is based in Rancho Cucamonga, California.
The office and shipping operations are run out of a 173,000 square-foot warehouse. As of 2013, Monoprice is a $120 million-a-year business.
Monoprice was founded in 2002 by both Jong Lee and Seok Hong.
In March 2013, Monoprice was sued by Klipsch, an American loudspeaker company, for patent infringement for the latter's Energy Take Classic 5.1 system. Monoprice had to withdraw its 5.1 Hi-Fi Home Theater Satellite Speakers & Subwoofer system.
On July 7, 2013, Monoprice started selling its own brand of proprietary guitars.
On June 25, 2014, Monoprice's parent company, Blucora, Inc. announced the appointment of Bernard W. Luthi as President of its Monoprice subsidiary. As President, Mr. Luthi was to oversee the operations of the Monoprice e-commerce business. Luthi previously served as COO and CMO of Rakuten.com and Buy.com and SVP of Marketing, Merchandising and Web Management for Newegg.com 
On Nov. 18, 2016, Monoprice and YFC-BonEagle Electric Co., Ltd. (YFC), a Taiwan-based provider of power cord sets and networking peripherals, announced that YFC acquired Monoprice in a cash transaction valued at $40 million.
In 2019, The Mediahq named the Monoprice Voxel as the Best Intermediate printer for 2019.
- Herrman, John. "How Monoprice Is Eating The Tech World From The Inside Out". February 4th, 2013. BUZZ FEED. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Jong Lee and Seok Hong, Co-founders, Monoprice, No. 197
- Knight, Shawn. "Monoprice: From underground following to legitimate electronics brand". February 5th, 2013. Tech Spot, Technology News and Analysis. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- Greene, Jay. "Hit by patent suit, Monoprice apparently pulls top-rated speakers". May 9th, 2013. CNET.com. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- Voight, Billy. "Review: $89.28 California Classic Series Guitar from Monoprice.com". Guitar World Magazine. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-08-24. Retrieved 2013-08-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Evangelho, Jason (August 27, 2013). "Monoprice's Stealthy Transition Into PC Gaming Peripherals Is Worth Paying Attention To". Forbes.com. Tech. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- WIre (January 23, 2014). "Monoprice Showcases New Pro Audio Series Products at NAMM". Sound and Picture Magazine. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Blucora Announces Appointment of Bernard W. Luthi as President of Monoprice (Press release)". MarketWatch. June 25, 2014. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "Monoprice Acquisition by YFC-BonEagle Electric Co., Ltd. to Fuel Growth and Strengthen Asia Sourcing Capabilities (Press release)". GlobeNewswire. November 18, 2016. Retrieved 2019-10-26.
- "Best Home 3D Printers 2019 - Reviews for Beginners and Enthusiasts". The Mediahq. 2019-10-21. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|