Mount Emmons (Alaska)
View, looking northeast, of Mount Emmons in 1987
|Elevation||4,711 ft (1,436 m) |
|Listing||List of volcanoes in the United States|
Alaska Peninsula, Lake and Peninsula Borough, Alaska|
|Parent range||Aleutian Range|
|Topo map||USGS Cold Bay B-1|
|Volcanic arc/belt||Aleutian Arc|
The most recent of several caldera-forming eruptions at Emmons Lake occurred more than 10,000 years ago. No historical eruptions have occurred at Emmons Lake.
Mount Emmons is a local name published on a USGS map in 1943.
- "Emmons Lake". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved 26 Jan 2005.
- "Emmons Lake Volcanic Center". Alaska Volcano Observatory. Retrieved 1 Jun 2009.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Mount Emmons
- "Volcanoes of the Alaska Peninsula and Aleutian Islands". Digital Data Series DDS-40. United States Geological Survey. 2002. Retrieved 1 Jun 2009.
- MyTopo Maps - Mount Emmons, Aleutians East, Alaska, United States (Map). Trimble Navigation, Ltd. Retrieved 4 Feb 2018.
Media related to Mount Emmons (Alaska) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a location in the Aleutians East Borough, Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|