Mpigi General Hospital
|Mpigi General Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda|
The hospital is located in the town of Mpigi, in Mpigi District, approximately 38 kilometres (24 mi), by road, southwest of Mulago National Referral Hospital. The coordinates of the hospital are:0°13'30.0"N 32°19'19.0"E (Latitude:0.225004; Longitude:32.321944).
The hospital serves as the district hospital for Mpigi District. It has a bed capacity of 100 beds. As of April 2012[update], the hospital had one medical officer, assisted by a number of clinical officers, nurses and midwives. The major health conditions attended o included obstetric cases and complications, HIV/AIDS related morbidity, childhood fevers and respiratory infections among children and adults. The area Member of Parliament, is Amelia Kyambadde, who also serves as the Minister of Trade and Industry. She has been actively involve in the establishment of the hospital.
Mpigi Hospital was established in July 2012, when the existing Health Center IV was elevated to hospital status. The creation of the hospital followed lobbying by the area MP, Amelia Kyambadde. She has continued to support the new hospital by donating equipment, either directly or through her area NGO; Twezimbe Development Foundation.
- GFC (11 May 2016). "Distance between Mpigi Health Center, Mpigi, Central Region, Uganda and Mulago National Referal(sic) Hospital, Kampala, Central Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- Google (11 May 2016). "Location of Mpigi General Hospital" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- TDF (4 July 2012). "Mpigi Hospital Receives Seven Ultrasound Machines And Nine New Midwives". Twezimbe Development Foundation (TDF). Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Lule, Jeff (14 April 2011). "Mpigi Health Centre Upgraded To Hospital". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 11 May 2016.
- TDF (1 July 2011). "Mpigi Hospital Launches CD4 Count Technology". Twezimbe Development Foundation (TDF). Retrieved 11 May 2016.