|Muntra (Unarmed Vehicle)|
|Place of origin||India|
While referred to as a "tank" by the Indian media, it is a conversion of the Soviet BMP-2 armored personnel carrier. Current variants are unarmed. Three variants exist: Muntra-S for surveillance, Muntra-M for mine clearing, and Muntra-N operating in nuclear or chemical contaminated zones.It has a minimum level of autonomous navigation through GPS waypoints with obstacle detection and avoidance.
- "Combat Vehicles Research & Development Estt (CVRDE) Chennai - CVRDE Chennai- DRDO DRDO". www.drdo.gov.in. Retrieved 2017-08-25.
- "DRDO develops India's first unmanned tank, Muntra; rolls it out of Chennai lab"
- "Meet Muntra, India's first unmanned tank - Army says tank you". The Economic Times.
- "India's first unmanned tank Muntra is here. Here are the details".
- India Unveils Its 'Robot' Tank: Could It Be a Game Changer?, National Interest, Michael Peck, 7 August 2017