|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Thomas and Stuart Musgrave|
|Chris Martin, Chief executive officer|
|Products||Groceries, Fresh food, etc.|
Musgrave Group plc is an Irish food wholesaler, founded in Cork by the Musgrave brothers, Thomas and Stuart in 1876. It is currently Ireland's largest grocery distributor, with operations in Ireland and Spain. It is the largest private company in Ireland by turnover, with annual sales of over €4 billion. The current group CEO is Chris Martin.
The overall business is currently made up of four divisions:
- Musgrave Group is the controlling company of Musgrave, headquartered at Ballycurreen, Airport Road in Cork.
- Musgrave Retail Partners Ireland operates the Centra and SuperValu supermarkets in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland, and the Mace brand in Northern Ireland. This division is headquartered at the Tramore Road in Cork. This is also the site of one of three distribution centres, the others being in Kilcock, County Kildare and one in Belfast to service Northern Ireland. They closed a centre in Galway in 2010.
- Musgrave Wholesale Partners operates the Musgrave MarketPlace cash and carries, Daybreak convenience stores, Day-Today & XL Stop and Shop (Northern Ireland only) convenience stores and Musgrave Foodservices. This division is headquartered at Ballymun, Dublin. There are Marketplace sites in Cork, Waterford, Limerick, Galway, Ballymun, Dun Laoighaire and Clondalkin in the Republic of Ireland. There are also three Marketplace branches in Northern Ireland in Belfast, Derry and Lurgan.
- Musgrave Retail Partners España operates from a base in Alicante in south-east of Spain, and operates Dialsur, and a Cash & Carry chain.
- Musgrave Operating Partners Ireland operated the Superquinn chain until 13 February 2014, when all stores became SuperValu.
- Musgrave Retail Partners GB operated the Londis stores and Budgens supermarkets in the United Kingdom until it was sold to Booker Group in 2015.
- "Fri, Mar 05, 2010 - Musgrave to shed 143 jobs in Galway". The Irish Times. 2010-03-03. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Musgrave buys J&J Haslett". Wholesale News. 2007-07-09. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Musgrave Marketplace - Branch Locator". Musgravecashandcarry.ie. Retrieved 2011-11-08.