|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, Linux and Mac OS|
|Type||Integrated development environment|
MyEclipse has two primary versions (apart from the "Blue Edition and "MyEclipse Spring Edition referred to below): a professional and a standard edition. The standard edition adds database tools, a visual web designer, persistence tools, Spring tools, Struts and JSF tooling, and a number of other features to the basic Eclipse Java Developer profile. It competes with the Web Tools Project, which is a part of Eclipse itself, but MyEclipse is a separate project entirely and offers a different feature set.
MyEclipse 2015 Continuous Integration Stream version 7 (November 13, 2014) is now available to developers who want the latest versions of MyEclipse built with regular updates.
MyEclipse has also been made available via Secure Delivery Center, a technology that grew from its Pulse (ALM), brand, a provisioning tool that maintains Eclipse software profiles, including those that use MyEclipse. Additionally, MyEclipse is offering a customized version for IBM products, "MyEclipse Blue Edition", that adds specific support for Rational Software and WebSphere development. Currently, MyEclipse Blue Edition is available for Windows and Linux, though Mac is unsupported.
In July 2011, Genuitec released MyEclipse "Bling," which combines the MyEclipse Blue Edition and MyEclipse for Spring product lines into a unified offering.
In January 2015, Genuitec launched the MyEclipse China site (www.myeclipsecn.com) to provide genuine MyEclipse software to large user base in China.
Features included in 2014 version
Not present in the Standard edition
The features included (except in the Standard edition) are:
- Matisse4MyEclipse - based on NetBeans GUI design tool (previously known as Matisse)
- Support for UML
- Maven4MyEclipse - based on Apache Maven 2
- Connectors for databases of Oracle Database, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase
- HTML 5 mobile tools
- REST API cloud tools
Not present in the Spring or Bling editions
Some of the features included (except in the Spring or Bling editions) are:
Present in all editions
Some of the features included in all editions are:
- Ajax Tools
- Java Persistence Tools: Hibernate, TopLink, Apache OpenJPA
- Spring Framework Tools
- Apache Struts Designer
- JavaServer Faces Designer
- Application server Connectors
- JavaServer Pages Development
- Enterprise JavaBeans 3.0 support
- Cascading Style Sheets editor
- JSTL support
- J2EE Development Tools
Jointly marketed products
MyEclipse for Spring is developed jointly with Skyway Software.
- Eclipse Kick Start, Carlos Valcarcel, Sams Publisher, ISBN 978-0-672-32610-3
- "NetBeans Evangelist blog" Archived August 25, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- "MyEclipse Blue Edition: Low-Cost Tool Alternative for WebSphere, Jens Eckels, TheServerSide.com"
- "New MyEclipse IDE for Spring Developers, John K. Waters, 1105 Media"
- "MyEclipse Features Matrix"
- "Pulse Announcement, eWeek"
- InfoWorld Article Archived 2008-02-29 at the Wayback Machine
- ADT Magazine
- MyEclipse for Spring Launched, InfoWorld