My Word Coach
|My Word Coach|
|Developer(s)||Ubisoft Montreal / Ubisoft Quebec|
|Mode(s)||Single player, multiplayer|
My Word Coach is a video game from Ubisoft for the Nintendo DS, Wii and iOS. It involves vocabulary and is intended to develop the ability to express oneself with confidence. The data of three players may be saved, and one can compete on the Nintendo DS and Wii platforms using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
There are six training exercises for one player, as well as 4 games for multiple players.
- Designed in collaboration with dedicated linguists per language:
- ENG: Tom Cobb, Université du Québec à Montreal and McGill University
- FR: Tobias Sheer, director of the linguistic department at the CNRS.
- IT: Stefania Spina, University for Foreigners Perugia.
- SP: Antonio Moreno Ortiz, University of Malaga.
- NL: Walter Daelemans, University of Antwerp, and Antal van den Bosch, Tilburg University.
- More than 16,500 words & definitions coming from official dictionaries:
- 4 different coaches with their own attitudes and comments will track your potential in real time and your daily progression.
- Will refuse to let you learn beyond some level without telling you what to do to change its adaptive algorithm so you can progress further.