He became involved with wizard rock after working on the documentary We Are Wizards about the Harry Potter fandom. Previously, he had never even read any of the books. Under the stage name Mc Kreacher he released one album, Alone in the Dark, in 2009.
He always performs wearing rubber monster gloves.
Kane was diagnosed with primary sclerosing cholangitis in 2006. In 2013 he required a liver transplant. To pay the deductible on his medical insurance, a fundraiser for $50,000 was held and, with the help of his Wrock fans, that goal was exceeded.
- Lindsey Millar. "Q&A with Myles Kane, director of 'Journey to Planet X' ". Arkansas Times.
- Amy Aronoff. "Films by Pratt Institute Alumni to Premiere at Tribeca Film Festival this April". Pratt Headlines.
- Lisa J. Curtis. "Jump Start". The Brooklyn Paper, 10/7/2002.
- Aaron Hillis. "Interview: Josh Koury on 'We Are Wizards'".
- "GeekDad HipTrax #37". WIRED, 9/23/2009.
- Don Kaplan (11 July 2009). "The Harry Bands". New York Post.
- Leila Regan-Porter. "Catching Up With... Harry and the Potters ". Paste Magazine.
- Julienne Finnegan. "Hollis teacher needs community’s help". Nashua Telegraph, 9/17/2013.
- Melena Ryzik. "Dancing in Sandy Shoes". New York Times.