Type of site
|Available in||English, Spanish (Castellano), French, German, Italian, Russian,|
|Created by||Marina Tognetti, Egbert van Keulen, Danilo da Silva, Valter Stoiani|
|Alexa rank||502,224 (April 2014[update])|
|Current status||official/paying|
mYngle is an online language learning service provider for business professionals. Based in The Netherlands they provide one to one lessons through an online virtual classroom.
Myngle was launched in December 2007, based on the experience of its founder Marina Tognetti. She found it hard to study Chinese because of the lack of qualified teachers in her area and a proper learning environment, as well as the flexibility needed to accommodate her busy working schedule. This gave Tognetti the idea to create a company where technology would allow students to take language lessons from teachers located in any part of the world. She resigned from her job at eBay, where she was in the management team for 4 years, and started Myngle.
In March 2009, Myngle secured €950,000 ($1.25 million) in the form of a bank loan from Rabobank. The Dutch government, through an innovation program, backed the loan. This was Myngle's second round of financing. On the first round Myngle was able to secure an €800,000 seed investment from the HenQ fund and private individuals.
- FEM Business Top 5 Start up Media in the Netherlands, in June 2009
- Plugg 2009 People's choice award, in March 2009
- Best ICT Company at the European Venture Summit, in December 2008
- Accenture Innovation award in October 2008
- "Myngle.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-26. Retrieved 2009-08-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-06. Retrieved 2009-08-10.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)