Type of site
|Available in||English, Spanish (Castellano), French, German, Italian, Russian,|
|Created by||Marina Tognetti, Egbert van Keulen, Danilo da Silva, Valter Stoiani|
|Slogan(s)||Language lessons that come to you|
|Alexa rank||502,224 (April 2014[update])|
mYngle is a face to face online language learning service provider for business professionals. Based in The Netherlands they provide tailor made one to one lessons through an online virtual classroom. In this virtual classroom, learners and teachers see and hear each other real time from anywhere in the world. This has resulted in students and teachers participating from over 150 countries.
Myngle was launched in December 2007, based on the experience of its founder Marina Tognetti. She found it hard to study Chinese because of the lack of qualified teachers in her area and a proper learning environment, as well as the flexibility needed to accommodate her busy working schedule. This gave Tognetti the idea to create a company where technology would allow students to take language lessons from teachers located in any part of the world. She resigned from her job at eBay, where she was in the management team for 4 years, and started Myngle.
In March 2009, Myngle secured €950,000 ($1.25 million) in the form of a bank loan from Rabobank. The Dutch government, through an innovation program, backed the loan. This was Myngle's second round of financing. On the first round Myngle was able to secure an €800,000 seed investment from the HenQ fund and private individuals.
(Techcrunch article about bank loan : )
- Nominated for Best European Web Application or Service EMEA in Techcrunch The Europa’s Tech Awards in July 2009
- FEM Business Top 5 Start up Media in the Netherlands, in June 2009
- Plugg 2009 People’s choice award, in March 2009
- Best ICT Company at the European Venture Summit, in December 2008
- Accenture Innovation award in October 2008
- One of 33 hot Dutch web 2.0 companies in August 2008
- Most promising ICT Company in Benelux, in March 2008
- "Myngle.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.